Progress? Or?

I have not been able to quit drinking completely but I am more aware of when I’m getting outta control is this progress ? :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Is the outcome more to your satisfaction when you are aware you’re getting out of control ?

If yes, it’s progress.
If no, it’s not.

6 Likes

Many a highly intelligent person has rationalized their disease course.

For those folks, it’s recommended to have a simple approach… today, the most important thing I can do is not drink. I read it somewhere.

Please keep coming back.

7 Likes

Progress or not, it doesn’t sound like change to me. When you are ready, you will act.

3 Likes

I remember those mental gymnastics all too well. If I went a couple days without a drink, I thought I’m good, I don’t have a problem. Or if I woke up not feeling nauseous, I thought I had it all under control. I’m so glad I don’t have to do that anymore. The freedom is an amazing feeling.

5 Likes

Well, depends in what your goal is. This is a sobriety forum for people who struggle with alcohol. If you dont want to stop drinking, ok.
But if you are on here, then something has happened to question your drinking. You seem to be looking for validation to keep drinking. Many of us here have thought we were fine for a while and then we were not fine. Drinking problems can escalate like crazy while you tell yourself you are fine the whole time.

4 Likes

Sounds like an attempt to moderate to me. Time will tell I suppose. We alcoholics cannot moderate.

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies I wasnt looking for validation just needed some one to hold me accountable. That is my problem I always think I will b fine then I just end up drinking and hating my self for it😩.

2 Likes