Puzzled and Confused

Ok so I’m on Day 40 and all is going well- sort of.

I feel more clear-headed but two things I’m noticing are surprising to me and wondering if anyone else has experienced this:

1. While more clear-headed, my feelings toward stimuli have noticeably dulled. In short, things that use to turn me on don’t seem to turn me on anymore. :thinking:

2. I always worked out regularly and my weight stayed relatively stable through weekends of binge drinking. Now I work out even more and don’t drink and the weight is seemingly impossible to lose. Not sure if my drinking made me eat less or what but I was expecting more weight to have been dropped by now.

Should I be concerned? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t think that you should be concerned at all. The body and mind is changing, so is your focus.

Body weight will go up as you come off of alcohol as your appetite is presumably better, but this will level out, and your body weight and physique will get better.

P.S mind your 3 pints of water per day

1 Like

As mentioned above - body needs time readjust.
Please patiently wait it out :slightly_smiling_face:
The period of readjusting, from what I recall it’s called a flatline.

2 Likes

Heavy lifter, and alcoholic, here. As stated above, your body is probably just readjusting. Empty alcohol calories are gone, body is working to start retaining the correct amount of water, etc…

Stay on the workouts, and make sure your calorie intake is quality stuff, not junk. It’s 90% kitchen, 10% gym.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I’ve heard that before - kitchen, sleep and only 10% gym. I eat and sleep well, so 4 hours per week gym should bring back the 4 pack? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that’s how it works. Hahaha.

1 Like

I heard Wolverine ( can’t remember his name), talking about it in an interview.

Hugh Jackman (or, Huge Jackedman). I mean, it’s different for all of us, but the basics are the same. His diet was probably real basic, like:

Meal 1: Eggs and oatmal
Meal 2: Chicken, rice, spinach
Meal 3: Steak, sweet potato, broccoli
Meal 4: Fish, avocado, broccoli

Sensible portions, healthy fats and carbs, no junk, at least 6 hours sleep, plenty of water, and being dedicated to a solid strength and conditioning program…you should be good as gold.

I’m dying to get back in the gym, as I’ve been down with the flu for the past week and a half.

He was saying that everyone thought he was amazing, exciting,etc yet he went to bed at 9am every night. This conversation is getting me back in the mood for exercise. I had a bad time between 2012 - 2014 (long story), anyway between June 2014 - October 2015 I ran 46 marathons, lost count of the half marathons. Think I’ll be buying the ingredients from above tomorrow :slight_smile: time to get the fitness back.

1 Like