Question about weed

I was smoking weed for a long time on heavy use but then I became able to control it and reduce my use until I reached a one joint each three days and sometimes just on weekends. Now it’s my first clean week and I feel great. Do you think if I grab a small amount of weed or a bite of edible would be alright?
Let me know your suggestions :heart:

Being that this is a sobriety forum, I’d advise against it.

You feel great, why smoke now?

6 Likes

I don’t know man, I’m just find it a way to chill :sweat:

When I first got sober I thought perhaps I could smoke weed instead.
Reading around on here I soon discovered that it was a bad idea.
A drug is a drug at the end of the day
and I could very easily end up just replacing booze with weed.
So my suggestion would be no.

4 Likes

Find another way to chill bud. Seriously.

7 Likes

What u have done so far is brilliant lots of others cant do what u have done so why add even a little something to ur reduction its pointless mate

1 Like

Get food. If it was beers… I’d say fuck no.

1 Like

This is a sobriety forum so I’d so no, that’s not an ideal decision. Your asking us if you should use. I think you answered your own question by posting that… Come back and stick around when you are ready to stay clean and sober… It’s a great place here with a lot of helpful people and experiences.

The answer is in what you write. You feel great without. That’s all really. Why introduce a mind altering substance in your body while you don’t need it? Indeed this is a place for sobriety so the logical advice from all here will be the same. BTW, I smoked weed heavily for 25 years and then on and off for another 10, all the while increasing my drinking. Looking back I should have quit both decades ago. Very happy to be clean and sober now.

5 Likes

I would seriously advise against it! Our disease can’t differentiate one drug from another! Its just happy it got some kind of fix and still has its claws deep in you! We all know how much the first week sucks!!! You got this!!!

2 Likes

Don’t do it.

1 Like

Thanks for your support :heart:

1 Like

Thanks Love

Thanks for your share uncle

1 Like

Thats for you to decide. But if your doing something you need to control you might want to look at it.

Thx Jack and I liked your avatar haha❤️