Question.... decrease sex drive after becoming sober

Has anyone else ever experienced stopping opioids (pain medication norcos or any other) and your sex drive has decreased? Not gone away but your sex drive just not the norm??? Ik it’s kinda personal but I wanted to know if I’m the only one experiencing this…

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that mine has decreased probably stayed the same, I found the opiates lowered it anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

See it upped mines like really high… and now I’m finding myself not so interested as much as I use to be … ugh…

It’s probably just a car of your brain chemistry evening out, it can take over a year for things to get back to normal after stopping opiates so it’s probably just a give it time thing in afraid. Someone who had experienced something similar will probably be along soon perhaps with a different experience :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m an alcoholic, but my sex drive has changed completely. Seriously, like the other way. It’s gotta be connected. I understand that it is part of PAWS.
Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. It can last for up to 2 years and is different for everyone.

2 Likes

I’m no expert- but put any drug in your body you lose your inhibitions so for me it increased my sex drive. More towards people that I shouldn’t be having sex with though :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I am so opposite that when drinking I could care less. Now home and out of rehab 4 weeks I am hoping to get my interest back and so does my husband. LOL!

3 Likes

My DOC is alcohol and it upped mine as well, but I feel like mine is unusually high, so coming off alcohol dropped it down to normal. Birth control has affected it some too, but now that I’m single I’m ok with that. I’ve read that this is really common with opioid withdraw. Have you used the search function up top… you will see several threads on this.

1 Like

Yes this is normal. I was frustraited because i had no desire to be with anyone yet i wanted to be. So i was very confused if this was how it is or would it come back. After about the 6 month mark i started to come around. Remember withdrawl is more then just physical symptoms but also mental. Be patient… This will help you stay focused on you as you should be right now.

3 Likes

You aren’t this is natural but then it possibly will shoot back up its important to try not to switch addictions from H to food or Sex too as this happens a lot at first.

It’s completely normal for what your going thru

1 Like

I think I did pretty solid last week. This weekend I shall try and duplicate the end results. Gotta keep scrutinizing this hypothesis ^.^

1 Like

I found opiates intensified mine and when I got clean I wasn’t interested. It gets better the longer I’ve been sober.

2 Likes

See I was completely different, in the early days life the first few times I smoked heroin then yes but after not too long my sex drive just dwindled completely into it was none existent. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like