Quit job. Huge mistake

Quit my job 6 days ago. Day drank so much weeks prior I became overwhelmed with my workload. Manager came in and I worked with her to get some things done and catch up. Then suddenly I made the choice to leave half way thru the day. Turned every thing in and left. At the time I thought F them I do what I want. Now I’m completely screwed. Binged up til now and I want to fix things. So many more details to share about it. Just first seeing if anyone has done the same? Thanks.

Do you want to go back to the same job? What are the chances of them accepting you again? If you think chances are slim, maybe before you start searching for another job, you could call your manager up and be honest about what you’ve been going through? Nothing to lose. Hope things work out for the best mate. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go back and try if you’re still drinking. Do you have a sponsor?

1 Like

In my early sobriety i quit a job that was stressing me out i was lucky had a good sponsor who offered me a job doing roof work moved from my white tie to roofs lol but it made a difference went from there to start my Landscaping company retired now after 32 years so for me it was a good decision wish you well

6 Likes

Repeatedly! In fact, I’m trying to get my old job back again.
I’ve worked for these people 5 or 6 times. But I’m candid about my problem, and they have a high turnover rate, so I’ll probably be rehired.
Just talk to your boss honestly and accept whatever decision they make. If you can’t get back in, forgive yourself and move on. Good luck! :pray: