Quit smoking 🚬

Im trying to quit smoking :smoking: , I can quit everything else drugs and alcohol, but the cigarettes r killing me. Any advice

4 Likes

Welcome!
Here’s a thread you may fing helpful:
Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products)

3 Likes

Right there with you. Nicotine is hard!

2 Likes

Ty I will check out site

I used the gym and had a gum handy when the urge came on , i was 60 a day guy no tips just senior service , it was hard like anything else but i wanted to stop , 35 years now

3 Likes

Awesome ty

I smoked from the age of 12 and quit when I was 40.

I pretty much thought I would die a smoker. I tried quitting many times, using patches, gums, pills, expirmental medications, nothing stuck.

In the end, it was cold turkey.

All the other methods seemed to kick the can down the road, I wanted to get the withdrawals over as soon as possible.

I stayed home for the first week. No work, no obligations, just my ass in the couch with netflix and youtube.

By day 6, i felt better, not great but better. I felt I had weathered the worst of the withdrawals and each day after was better than the day before. By 3 weeks.I felt pretty good. By 6 months, I felt completely back to normal.

For me, they key was eduring the quickest withdrawal period, and taking it 1 minute at a time. Also getting rid of everything, lighters, ashtrays, butts, any other paraphernalia. No “emergency” pack (by day 3, everythjng is an emergency)!!

Just remember, as long as you don’t smoke, you only have to do this once!

2 Likes

Ty I appreciate the honesty