Quitting caffeine and cigarettes

Ok so i am 26 days clean from opiates/heroin so quitting cigarettes is the next step for me to break free from addiction all together…i have smoked for like 9 years so does anybody have any advice?!

Also, caffeine use to never effect me but lately it been hurting my jaw, the only way i can explain it is like im on coke or something, horrible. I haven’t had any since yesterday afternoon and i have such a bad headache…i just know its caffeine withdrawal. How long does this last? It’s ao weird bc i really didnt think i drank that much, maybe coffee 4 or 5 days a week, only a cup or 2…idk.

Idk about the caffeine because I’ve never been addicted to it but I saw on tv that you have to stop yourself slowly, like drink one less everyday. About the ciggs, I am 2 months cigg free and I used chantix. It really does help minimize the cravings. I had to start over a few times, but I did it. Chantix helps you not smoke as much when you are taking it so it does make it easier when your really ready to go through the 3-4 days of physical withdraw. However, a few days ago while I’m in my 2 months clean, i got the cravings again but it didn’t last that long-I read that’s normal because your brain is trying to adjust without it. Just start some research on Chantix and how it works and what you will be facing. It’s very very hard at least the first week but U CAN DO IT!!!

2 Likes

@Kitten thank you both!!!:blush::blush: i will keep y’all posted lol

1 Like

I weaned off coffee years ago, had a lot of headaches, but did it slowly.

Cigarettes were rough for me. It took me years of quitting and relapsing to get the nicotine fully out of my system and lose the cravings. Nicotine is tricky like that. I substituted the lozenges for awhile, but that was just trading one for the other and terrible for my teeth. I sucked on a lot of sugar free candies, walked, exercised, drank a lot of water. In the end, I used Wellbutrin for a few months which gave me an extra oomph. It was really hard for me…but I was a 30+ year smoker. I just kept quitting each time I relapsed …that was my mantra in my mind…just knowing I would quit again helped me. YMMV. And it helps to avoid smokers until you feel strong. Baby and nurture yourself, like with any goal.

Of course your primary addiction is worth protecting, so be careful to keep your strength and focus and not drive yourself bonkers. You might want some more time under your belt first, but only you can judge.

You have come so far! Keep up the great work. You are building some serious quit muscles.

:cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

1 Like