Quitting marijuana: emotionless, cloudy, depressed

Im Chase, ive been abusing marijuana since i was 15, im turning 21 October 25th. Marijuanna used to be fun and exciting i never thought that it would come to this point for me. Coming from a family with highly addictive history on both sides i told myself id never be a every day stoner, but words are only words to a 15 year old kid. I soon became an every day smoker who smoked ALOT. Everyday before highschool id get stoned every day after school id be toking down with friends. Weed used to give me creative thoughts and made me a more fun person to be around. Well, 5 years later im in a totally different state. For the past year ive grown aware that weed is blocking me from something, social interaction mainly along with other things like family and education. Ive tried to quit multiple times but i always seem to fail myself. Im at the point where ive had enough but if i try to quit i cant sleep for days i cant eat and i get very moody. Ive only gone without weed for 5 to 7 days in the past 5 years. Im sick of this life of no emotion amd social awkwardness. Im sick of not being able to hold a conversation with people even my own parents and relatives. Living in a world where im always high i miss the things that are important i feel heartless at times. I am a great guy that has a huge heart and soul and i think weed blocks 90% of everything that makes me (ME). Im aware im addicted but i want to quit for the better. I feel i will never be able to accomplish the things i want in life like starting a family or creating my own business. All in all weed has changed me for thw worse ive lost all touch with the person i used to be i live in a haze. If you think about it it makes sense, when you are high all day everyday you arent in touch with reality. Another huge factor is my memory i think i am developing some type of short term memory loss. The 3000 pictures on my phone is what i have left of my teenage years. I havent forgot everything but i know their are many special moments that i have no clue even happend. So this is it i want to quit weed to become myself again. Its not gonna be easy, but i like to hear other peoples storys i think thats the only thing tbat really helps motivate me. So please feel free too let me know whats going on maybe we are in the same boat?
Oh and have a good day!

13 Likes

You’re in the right place, well done for taking the first step to recovery :green_heart:

2 Likes

I started smoking weed around 12ish. Once I turned 18 I smoked everyday about every 30 minutes unless working and then I’d do it before and during breaks. I was smoking so much weed and was growing with friend so I had access and got it cheap. A smoke session for me would be 6 bowls or 5 dabs. I became unaware that I was actually trapped in my own world and even had a problem… I wasn’t as motivated to do anything and just smoked to pass time. Once my ex and I broke up I got extremely depressed and smoked more than ever and drank. One day i went without smoking a had such clarity and ambition I had in years. I stopped smoking then and there and never turned back. The first month sucked because I had been living in a weed hazed world for so long I forgot what real life was like. It’s a year later and it’s the best decision I’ve made and I don’t crave it or have any desire.

14 Likes

it isn’t easy. I miss it a lot but it seems I’m not alone here. don’t give up @ChaseLang

4 Likes

Thank you everyone your stories really helped me after reading them. I feel alot better about this!!

3 Likes

Hey man, youre on the righ track. Any drug can become unmanagable!
I use to smoke all the time. I mean if i wasnt smoking a cigg, i was smoking weed. It took like 2 months to get out my system, thats crazy lol. But you can do it. You may experience some irritability and a couple other side effects, but you can get past them. The whole sleep thing, you gotta think. You were pretty much passing out every night rather than just going to sleep. So it may take a little time to get on a normal sleep schedule. And good news, Your memory will definitely improve! Its amazing remembering a whole day rather than just a moment or 2. You got this man. The sober time counter on this app is now holding you accountable. I know it helped me being held accountable. Keep is updated man, would love to hear how your doing in a few.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you, I’ve realized my all of my money goes to waste and I find myself buying more than I want to every week and becoming broke, this is my first day ever committing to not smoking weed and I know in the long run it’ll only be good for me head up man you / we can do this shit !

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this post, Chase. I feel like you were describing me in your description. The hazy antisocial feeling. Can’t contribute or carry on conversation very well. No or rare emotions. That’s so me! That’s also why I decided I needed to quit. I also work emergency situations and alot of people depend on me to have my act together.
I hope you’re still going strong!

1 Like

Day 1 for me and ive used over 10 years daily. Its been a long day and only halfway through it. No signs of giving up and giving in. I try to remind myself constantly why Ive quit. Its hard. The stories of others have really opened my eyes. Its good to know, Im not alone.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Tiffany_Jamieson! So glad you found us. The wisdom and support of this community has been invaluable to me.

That first 24 hours is the hardest one to get. Congrats! :heart:

1 Like

I smoked weed for about 30 years heavily, and I also drank a lot -accept for my pregnancies- I stopped using about a hundred times and began a hundred times but now …I’m almost 90 days free of weed and 35 days free of alcohol!! It’s heavenly not to be a slave anymore to the drugs :slight_smile:…so it’s difficult in the beginning but if you have a good plan you’ll make it throught the first week and than it gets more easy. Than stay sober by being smart and don’t believe this voice in your head telling you that you can take 1 joint/beer what ever…this voice is lying! Screenshot_20190331_220425

1 Like

We are at the same boat…