Quitting Smoking.Friends needed to help.Please

HeY ALL.I am trying to quit smoking.
Have installed 2-3 different apps.
It’s making me ill.
Have been a smoker for 20 years now.
A packet a day sometimes a pack and a half.

How long have you been without nicotine?

Oh,I have just quit about an hour and half back.
Wish me luck!
Another attempt with more will power and determination

Here’s another thread that might have some support

1 Like

The 1st 3 days is the worse! Once you get to day 5 you will start to feel better. Chew sugar free gum, drink lots of ice water, remember a crave only lasts about 5 -10 minutes. Ride it out and you will be ok. Go to my friend and quit buddy’s Facebook group called, Smoking Going Gone. His name is Dale and he is really good with the mental part of quitting nicotine. There is a physical part with receptors in your brain yelling for nicotine but as you deprive them they die. Then all that is left is the mental addiction. Dale really has a handle on that part.

I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 36 years. I quit 12 years ago and never had another puff. The group Dale and I used no longer exists and that is unfortunate. We had a saying, N.O.P.E., not one puff, ever!!!

Allen Carr’s book Easy way to quit smoking" is what helped me quit. You can do this. Whatever you do, just don’t give in to that craving, because the longer you go without nicotine, the less you’ll want it. The book helps with the brainwashing. We think we want to smoke or even that we enjoy smoking, but we really don’t, it’s just another addiction, but to nicotine. Wish you well :blush: