Quitting weed and alcohol at 17

After smoking multiple times everyday I tried to stop with no success… Same with drinking(not as often). But now it’s my first full week I’ve been clean in a VERY long time. I miss smoking weed and drinking and it’s been very hard to stop so far… But now I feel different like in a good way. Improved memory and a different outlook on life. I hope I can continue down THIS path and not the OTHER one. I know the struggle isn’t over and just one hit or one sip is all it takes completely relapse. You just gotta tell yourself over and over again… “This isn’t who I am” and walk away from it

11 Likes

I wish I had your mentality when I was 17. Your doing great, please don’t throw the rest of your life away like so many of us on here. Be what we wish we could have been, the world is waiting for you and you’ve still got time to rule it. Go live the dream.

3 Likes

Nobody ever missed out on becoming successful because they were sober. You’re on the right path, I pissed a couple of decades away.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, keep coming back!

1 Like

I’m 2 weeks sober and a few months clean from smoking weed. I applaud you for making this decision and sticking to it! It’s not an easy change, but it is worth it! You definitely won’t regret it! Keep it up! :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations on your decision. Wishing you much luck and success.

Good for you! Welcome, and congratulations on making a great choice for yourself.

I envy you a bit, I wish I had had the smarts and the foresight to quit when I was 17 (31 now, quit completely at 29). The signs were there all along and I was just completely oblivious to them. Great work. Stick around!

Keep up the good work man! You can do this

It’s strong of you to make this decision. If you stay clean more benefits than regaining your memory will come over time. I’ve had a lot of memory problems due to my living but it’s slowly getting better. You just gotta hang in there one day at a time.