Quitting weed

I am 31 and I have been smoking since I was 12, on an off but consistent for the past several years. I have not had a Joint in 2 days and my anxiety is really getting to me. I’m glad I have my sister for support, but its hard because I live with my brother and he smokes all the time. For me It was a big help dealing with my anxiety issues and I don’t want to turn to alcohol to cope. Right now I’m just trying to make it through the first week and I know it will get better from there. The problem is jus reaching that goal. If anyone has suggestions in how to overcome the anxiety I would love to hear your feedback. I have faith I will get through this.

2 Likes

You should look up CBD it’s all the best parts from Canibus but without the THC it’s good for anxiety you can vape it or take as just regular medicine this is just a suggestion Good luck and stay positive Peace

3 Likes

I am also trying to quit. I have been smoking since I was 12 also, I am 21. I decided four months ago I wanted to move to Oregon, more weed. I left my one year old daughter behind with mother in law. We are now back and husband of 3 years has been clean for a month. I’ve only been clean for five days. It’s so hard, but meditation does help. I usually can’t sleep at night without it so I take benadryl at night around 8. If I don’t stop, it’s going to ruin my marriage and I’ll never get my daughter back.

Yes I believe the first week is the worst… We can go through this together if you like. I know its going go be hard.

I’ve stopped twice before and I have been. Heavy smoker like you, it takez me about 2 weeks to not feel completely out of whack and contemplating using again because of withdrawals. Try melatonin for sleep, chamomile tea, and any other natural remedies for anxiousness like meditation, journaling, or keeping busy with a puzzle or book.

2 Likes

Thank you today is my 1 week without it. It is getting better… I will give these Ideas a try for my anxiety. Thanks again

1 Like

I have 27 days off weed, my anxiety is off the roof, I been smoking for 22 years, is not easy but is worth it, I think about the good stuff in my life, and weed is not worth smoking after I get those cravings, it’s gets better, one day at a time,

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly how I feel its just not worth it… And far as where I want to take me career it definitely needs to be out the pic. Congrats for making it 27days! I know it hard especially for people like us who deal with anxiety. I don’t want to take on drinking as a sub, because that’s going to be another addiction to get over. We got this I’m sure!

1 Like