RAGE! How do you calm down without a drink?

@MissMetal
wow…a lot to check out…thanks. My foster sons loved minecraft and I never understood it…lol…but Ill take a look…thx :heart:

1 Like

Thanks @Matthew88 …I will check it out :wink:

@Sobergal91
After all the blabbing I did on this thread today it did make me feel better and realize the importance of starting to journal again. Ive done it in the past …years ago when in counseling healing from the childhood abuse, and it did help. but consistency is not my strong point either so I gave up on it.
Tonight I’v already started again. Thanks again for all the suggestions :wink:

2 Likes

@Chezie
I’ve also used it in liquid or tincture form as it’s supposed to be the fastest way to absorb it and with fibromyalgia absorption is an issue. gotta warn you though, the taste is kinda nasty :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Bill_Phillips
see…another perfect example of where I need to learn to take care of and be kind to myself…lol …instead of this tough suck it up broad who sacrifices myself for everything and everyone to care for everyone to a fault…in many cases to the point of being an emotional enabler as I have been told. That’s WAY beyond my point…lol. Simply put? It’s never occured to me to do something so simple to make it sweeter FOR ME… I just pour it in my mouth and choke it down. I’d only think of or bother to do that for SOMEONE ELSE…lol! Crazy thinking!
Soo…thanks for “thinking of me”…I am SO not used to that…lol!

2 Likes

Personally i stay ot of the car, went from drive once and scared myself.

Punching bag works wonders…any kid. Of exercise really but something with some kind of impact really does it for me. Boxing gyms are also generally pretty cheap so going regularly can help the rage from building up to begin with…all while getting ripped!

1 Like

You sound like a fighter, in the good sense of the word. Anger and frustration is a part of life, it’s just when it gets let out of the cage too often that we have problems. Your DOC has caused a imbalance that your body, mind and soul is trying to sort out…be aware of that and find ways to sit with those feelings of despair. I’m over 190 days and now trying to go ego-free. What fun that is, I can’t even make a day without wanting to lose my rag. But I know in my heart that feeling vulnerable and humble is a great remedy to most things.

Don’t ignore your angry feelings but don’t feed into them either. I know if I get too close to the edge I will fall and it will be hard to get back out. What helps me alot is to have a massive whinge to God, I just let him have it and that always makes me feel better. I just think if God knows everything I may as well be upfront with him. Good Luck

@Decided
lol…you made me laugh about the car :smile:
When I lived in Mass a million years ago and had to drive to Boston and Worcester all the time for my late husbands medical issues, often serious ones, I quickly became one of those scary crazy mainiacs you best clear the road for. Lucky for me 25 years ago a lot fewer people were packing guns or there’s little doubt I’d still be here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:
Where I live, there is one street light and lots of long lonely scenic roads with little traffic other than kids driving and texting…lol…not really funny!
And if I’m psycho enough, I know better than to even leave home.
The punching thing is VERY appealing and I’ve thought about that a lot. Would probably have to travel to the city and buy one…loll.
When my husband went through a bunch of crap with his first marriage and his ex all but executed him in the divorce (an evil woman) he managed by walking around and around the town hitting rocks into the various bodies of water with a baseball bat. This was a good choice since he never self Medicated in any way and was at that time a still undiagnosed bipolar sufferer in a family of bipolar sufferers without coping skills. He was never and has never been a violent person to other people or living things. His equipment might take a slight beating when he’s stressed enough…lol. The worst event of his tragic life however, is in the final day in court for that divorce…his ex wife’s woman’s advocate and lawyer convinced the judge to suspend visitation with his kids while he had psychological evaluations which ended up turning into almost 4 years…when he had done absolutely nothing wrong. The advocate had an agenda in the town here to promote herself and her program into the limelight for women who were actually being abused, and saw the perfect opportunity in his case to make her move. As my hubby saw this all unfolding that day in the courtroom and learned he was about to loose seeing his boys every week, he started to loose it and turned to leave the court room…a coping skill he knew to use…but the judge wouldn’t let him leave…and he exploded. Again…all verbal…and all at the advocate…and the lawyer…not his ex…it was all proven in the transcript at a later hearing. But the woman judge (he basically had no one on his side that day) saw this 280 lb 6ft built like a skidder logger standing in her courtroom screaming and swearing that he had had enough (they had stripped him of his home and everything else)…and she had him arrested for contempt and thrown in jail for 3 months. It was in the local papers…big news…and ridiculous cause the whole town knew he’d never hurt another soul. The funniest part is when she said to arrest him…the bailiff on duty was about a third his size and folks say he looked like he wanted to crawl in a hole and disappear… But all hubby did…while he continued to yell , was turn around gently and put his hands behind him and walk out cooperatively…just still screaming the whole time! It was quite the story here …lol.
Oh…and that woman advocate who did all this…shot herself in the foot…no one wanted much to do with her after that! lol
Well…here I am going on and on again…sorry…lol…but it’s distracting me from wanting a drink! Thanks again…and thanks for listening. Monday I am checking out a private gym I learned about here in town today…maybe they have a punching bag!!! :crazy_face:

Great! It can be really therapeutic. Once a week I catch up with my auntie to draw and paint, I am also bad with scheduling in time to do things to help me. But we are both counting on each other. Even if it’s half an hour a week of journaling that could help hugely, it doesn’t need to be every day.

1 Like

Thank you x

1 Like

Yes! New to this software. Thanks, though!

1 Like