Rageaholic - first clean week

This is the first time in, well that I can remember at all, that I have gone an entire week without expressing rage and anger at someone.

I’m reading the book anger busting 101, which has some really good tips on how to better deal with anger and rage. I’m starting a new counter right now for the use of profanity. Per the suggestions in the book, I’m going to eliminate profanity from my life.

I can do this. Day 7 was a little easier than day six. My wife was even romantic with me! I think she might be noticing a change in me!

4 Likes

That fantastic @Maddox I would imagine she did!
I have a many years sober alcoholic father who never addressed his rage…it is still a very big part of his (and as a result my) life. I’m not sure if you’re struggling particularly today, but from the grown up daughter of a rageaholic…I cannot over emphasize the level of destruction, fear and sadness that you, my making the choice that you are, are going to avoid in your family’s “story”. you may not feel like this right now…but THIS NEW version of you is one that your fAmily is very lucky to have :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work❤️

2 Likes

I can’t like this post enough, really. You’re making a great choice, you may have just inspired me to do the same thing myself! Rage and anger are two demons I’d love to kick to the curb; definitely wishing you the best with this one. I’d imagine it also greatly improves communication skills as well as a possible side effect?

1 Like