Random thoughts today

I been high for 10 years it became my way of life… It was my new personality I was active outspoken and it just wasn’t me it was the drug. Now I’m sober 16 days and the sun is so bright and I just don’t know how to really be myself. Maybe overtime it will come. I’m just in a funk. Feeling very lazy unmotivated. On the vivotrol shot because I got so tired of relapsing and truly want a better life. Any suggestions on what to do with free time? I’m jobless. So don’t have money to go out at the moment. I am looking and have been applying. Going to iop 3 times a week.

Hey man, I’m only 19 days so I’m no pro at this, I still don’t know what to do either. My mind feels empty most days. Brain fog like crazy, when I drank or did coke I became the complete opposite, I always thought it made me more outspoken and funny. I always apologized a million times bc I thought I was annoying, so then I became annoying to the ppl I was with, and drinking just made me lazy, and start texting stupid shit to girls and pretty much became a fricken creep, and in social settings id actually clam up more or make a fool out of myself… and now 19 days sober I’m still kind of a quiet person and hoping I become more of a social person. Idk for me right now exercise is helping me alot. Go for a walk or anything you might enjoy, start reading. If your a motor enthusiast maybe toy car models or something? I’m still unsure of what to do with myself to man. So I feel yah

2 Likes

Do you enjoy reading at all? It honestly helps me take my mind off of the empty time I had dedicated to my habit. By the time I finish, my mind has moved on from thinking about what I used to be doing during that time. Hope that helps.

1 Like

I was pretty broke when I got sober, everything I had previously wanted to do cost money but I never had any because I drank like a fish and smoked like chimney stack.

I filled my time with meetings, IOP 3x a week, and lots and lots of walking with music in my ears. A good 5 mile walk will easily kill an hour, get you a little calorie burn, help with the feeling of forward momentum, and the tunes allowed me to just kinda be… I didn’t have to constantly think about all the issues and what was going on, just allowed me to be were I was doing what I was doing.

I also started organizing and cleaning some stuff, made my place a little tidier and easier to rest in.

When I started having some dollars to my name again I started doing some of my hobby work.

It’s okay to just be, it took time for life to get to this point and it’ll take time for it to get to where you’d like it to be.

5 Likes