Rant/open letter to my family TW for mentions of suicide

I attempted a few times, but wasn’t successful. I wish I was at times. But as an atheist, I don’t believe there’s anything after death. So I try to remind myself to choose life, because even if it’s bad right now, it’s better than just nothingness

2 Likes

That been a blessing for me too. Not knowing if there is anything on the other side.

I’m glad I stuck around though. I currently appreciate life and don’t want to waste another minute of it.

Are you an artist? Art helps me get through some dark feelings. It distracts me from my pain in a positive way. I’ve been feeding my inner artist since I got sober. Its been very helpful for me.

I didn’t know I was an artist until I started making art. I’m glad I discovered it. I have a hard time keeping up with my creativity now.

1 Like

I would like to make art, but I’m so hard on myself I find it difficult to make anything. It never comes out the way I want. I try to get my feelings out through music. I can’t write music for the life of me, but playing instruments helps me a lot, even if it’s not an original song

Don’t expect perfection. Don’t be your harshest critic. I think all artists face that. I know I do. My favorite mediums are photography, filming, and painting.

I’m a rookie at painting, so its a challenge. I like to learn, and I’m a bit of a perfectionist. It would be easy to discourage myself if I expected masterpieces. I like how it feels. I can paint dark, raw emotions if I want, or paint happy. I don’t even have to share it if I don’t want to. During the process, I feel good. when I learn how to pull off what I struggled with i feel good.

Over time my photography skills have gotten good. People love my photos. That’s helps me feel good. and my filming and editing skills have improved. I had to learn all of that too. learning keeps me focused on positive things. Its all extremely helpful for me to stay positive.

2 Likes

I do occasionally like to do some weird photo edits. I try to get all of the dark and chaotic feelings out. This one is probably my favorite

1 Like

Nice! I love it!

1 Like

Thanks:) I haven’t made any in forever so I might try to channel of some this negative energy into that. I actually totally forgot I used to make those so thank you

2 Likes

What doesn’t kill uou makes you stronger, I get it a FOAD isn’t for everyone,

It took me 37 years to do that, let the haters hate, prove them wrong by being the better person, the better you. And in the end you be on the winning side of it all

1 Like

I’m really sorry you have these feelings but in some ways I know how you feel. I have had experiences like this with specific relationships.
I’m really hoping you are ok and that you are just honestly needing to get this out, and for that I am grateful that you have a place to vent. It is important to express these feelings. If you need more support I hope you reach out. You are here for a reason, in this world, and you are appreciated more than you know. You may not know the lives of the people you touch, but you make a difference in this world just by being here and just by being you. Im sending you a hug❤️

1 Like