Rape or not

I regret that I trusted him! I took care of his kids when his wife walked away. For years.

I know he was a little weird but never felt unsafe. I thought I was stronger then that.

I was naïve… he did couple things before that I didn’t see as warning.

This time was his chance in my opinion.

Never trust neighbors again

Take care! And thanks :purple_heart:

Yes you are so right.
I find a new house and never speak again with him.
And alcohol I take it sometimes only a glass to keep my head still.
Tomorrow starts therapy and 6th August one treatment in a way for trauma alcohol so on…

Either way Naïve or not being drunk is not consent and is indeed rape if youre too intoxicated to know whats going on… its the definition of rape & is illegal. Yes maybe drinking a little too much played a part in it but regardless nobody should take advantage of a vulnerable person for their own self pleasure. I hope things get easier for you & therapy goes well!!

2 Likes

I think it shows the true character of a person too; just because you CAN doesn’t mean you should. I think of that whenever I hear of a man taking advantage of someone who can’t defend themselves.

1 Like

So legally and ethically yes it’s sexual assault.

As far as legal ramifications it could be pursued as such and it would be a long and difficult process if a prosecutor decided to take the case with limited evidence.

You cannot consent to anything while intoxicated hence why most contracts you sign have you state you are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of an agreement. Because well it becomes a voided contract if you’re tanked while you bought that boat.

So at this point, you could attempt to pursue criminal charges, it may go one of two ways. They may look at it as a one night stand of regret, or investigate with a confession. Especially with a potential history. Really depends on the local legal system

As far as communication cut ties. If this dude made you feel this uncomfortable before, it’s not gonna get any better

Obviously cutting out your alcohol consumption is a super plus addict or not,

But I would also suggest seeing a licensed therapist, to help you process this

1 Like

Hi, there. How are you doing right now? To answer your question, that was rape. It was unconsented by you regardless of what he says, because you were disabled from giving “knowing” consent. I don’t believe that fool, and he may be lying about having sex with you. But if you didn’t get medically examined to confirm some man penetrated you, etc., you’d have to report it to police and let them investigate. You are not safe around your neighbor. I recommend you obtain a Protection or Restraining Order against him. Hopefully your state has self help or assisted avenues for getting these types of orders.

2 Likes

I think I understand. Thank you for sharing.

You know it sounds to me like you’re making all the correct steps in changing your life for the better. It’s not an easy thing, and most people are so busy resisting what they need to do be sober that they don’t spend the energy they need fixing the problem causing them to drink to begin with. The fact that you or seeing a psychiatrist is an amazing and responsible thing and I’m very excited for the additional resources you’re going to get in August!

It’s almost impossible to quit addictions alone,
but it is not just possible to be sober with help, I’d say it’s very plauseable for us to beat our addictions with help.

Just remember that when you get to your goal of being a more genuinely fulfilled person without the need for alcohol that every trial you have endured will add to the glory of the accomplishment and actually help feed into a sense of strength! You are already amazingly strong and things will gradually get better and easier with time.

Have a great day, enjoy it for it is full of beauty (if we take time to look for it :wink: )

2 Likes

Thank you. :purple_heart:

Hi. Thanks for your answer.
And it’s to late for go with those steps. Bc now it’s mine word against his.
Back then I was like but my body said nothing happens I didn’t feel the need to assume something. I couldn’t talk about it and had not the right people around me.

I don’t believe him neither but that’s the point. I don’t have any proof. Nothing. Even my body told me nothing.
I think (that’s what my friend said the day I told my boyfriend) he finds out I didn’t remember anything so he can me a beautiful story.

:purple_heart:thanks for advice

Thanks for you’re words.

And yes I will take anything to make my vision clear. I never never never aspected that this could happen to me. I was always that strong person who knows the limiting of things.
I never felt unsafe or so.
That’s what is fucked up. And keeps my mind focuses to find out.

Definitely need to have my psychiatrist. This thing I can’t do alone.
I will kill him with my bare hands if I need to, but I will not allow me to his level.

:purple_heart:thank you

Bab if you ever ever have to ask the question. That is never right!!

1 Like

Sorry bab is English northern thing

That definitely sounds like something happened. Something may have been put in your drink. I had a similar experience and to this day I still feel in my gut that something happened because I blacked out as well. I hope you can get down to the full story. And I don’t care what the police say. If he had sex with you WITHOUT your consent that is rape. No way around it. I am sorry this happened to you.

1 Like