Re-evaluated my life and understanding who I am

I am on day 20 days of sobriety from alcohol. I’ve had many day 1s and maybe a day 2 if I am violently Ill.

I’ve used this time to repair myself from inside out. It’s a slow process but I’m in early days. I grew up in care with social services dictating my every move and I finally realise that I didn’t know my own identity or who I am. Alcohol was a crutch, a mask and my friend.

I took the decision to stop drinking because I was convinced my liver was failing, I constantly had a hangover and never had any money.

The drinking time has been replaced with running, swimming and gym classes. Wine has been replaced with shloer and ice lollies.

Day 20 and it feels like the fog has been lifted. It’s still early days but as long as i promise myself to go to bed sober tonight, i wont worry about tomorrow

10 Likes

Hey that’s great! Keep up the good work. After 45 years of using alcohol and now turned sixty I’m kind of doing the re-evaluate my life thing too before it’s too late. It feels good doesn’t it? Patience serenity and the clear head are a nice reward for 37 days in.
Keep it up.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Congrats on your numbers. Patience serenity and the clear head, you absolutely nailed it :raised_hand:

2 Likes

Congratulations!
Crunching those numbers :muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like