Reached 1000 days alcohol free. 1000 days of not drinking. I drank for over 30 years

1000 days of getting better at getting better! Way to get after it!

1 Like

At first, I really just meant to quit for a month or so. That was probably my main motivation, was just to get through that month. I needed a change. For my.mind and body and soul.

I started on here, and it helped me get through it a lot. When I finally posted on Facebook, a little after a month, I had such an overwhelming response that helped as well. Everyone was so supportive on here, Facebook and in life. Basically, I felt a lot better after a month and I figured I would just keep going. I had goals of two months, three months, 6 months, a year etc.

After a while… drinking wasn’t really an issue. Stopped counting days as much.

4 Likes

That’s awesome. So Inspirational. :facepunch:

2 Likes

Your story is my story apart from the 1000 days, but iit will be. Thank you for the post and the inspiration. its got me quite emotional to imagine so many sober days and you still remember where you came from and know where you are going and not taking any of it for granted. LEGEND.

4 Likes

Thanks for the inspiration; made me smile.

2 Likes

What an incredible inspiration…huge congratulations!

2 Likes

Wow, totally amazing

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It helps me.

2 Likes

I’m here with you celebrating 1200 days, it’s an awesome journey, I cant really wrap my head around the difference between my feelings and my life 1200 days ago and today, it’s so vast it feels like it could have taken far longer. Keep rolling in the quadruple digits club friend, and congratulations!

6 Likes

So very happy for you. :heart::rainbow::heart:

2 Likes

1200 days is amazing! It sounds so far away for me but I’m going to suck in all the wisdom from people like you to help me get there. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Hey…well done, keep going.

3 Likes

Congratulations

3 Likes

Drool lol mmmmmm this is a reason to make 1000 days lol ok I’m doing it :joy:

4 Likes

Respect.
Reality check.
Recovery.

Memo to all: it takes guts, perseverance and lots of support to push through…

1 Like

Way to go! What an inspiring journey.

1 Like

Today is day 8 for me. My last drink was at my sons house where I ruined Christmas for the second time this year. :disappointed:

1 Like

I kept a diary/journal the first few weeks. I downloaded a diary app on-line. I wrote down how I felt, hour by hour at times. I did not keep the app, that was a few phones ago. However it helped at the time. I can still remember what I wrote, for the most part. That is how years later, I can remember how it was. The details. It was horrible the first weeks. Now it is in my brain forever.

Congratulations! That is awesome!

It was so bad the days leading up to me quiting.
I had a flu at the same time. It was a flu helped with alcohol. I went to the store and bought Pedialyte, DayQuil, Carmex, Ensure, Ibuprofen, Pepto lol. I attacked it like a cold/flu. That relived the withdrawal symptoms somewhat actually. I “weened” myself off for two days and then quit entirely. The two days of weening, I only had one or two beers. I am a believer in “weening”, but that is just my own experience.

1 Like