Ready for a Change 15 yrs is enough

Well I joined this site on Tuesday and today (Friday) I’m deciding to open up. I feel alone in my journey. I dont feel like I can relate to anyone right now. But as lonely, lost, and hurt I feel I’m going to just focus on why Im doing this. My family! Its taken 15 years of heavy drinking starting at the age of 19 and now 33 to finally realize that the fun drinking has turned into something way more that I cant control. So its time for a change!

16 Likes

Welcome Rosy!
When you are here, you are definitely not alone.
I start every morning here on the Daily Check-in thread for accountability, and throughout the day, reading a lot, for my sanity.
We are glad you are here!

4 Likes

I started at 10 and quit when I was 32. So I can relate to getting sober at your age. You aren’t as alone as you think. Just stick around and give it time

5 Likes

Wow. I could have written this a couple years ago. Lost and lonely… yup. I could have been in a room full of family and friends and still feel totally alone. I thought that nobody could possibly understand.

But luckily, I found some folks that did understand. I found out I wasn’t as alone in these thoughts and feelings as I thought. Some of those folks are around here on Talking sober.

So I’m glad you are here pal. Keep coming back

7 Likes

Welcome Rosy, you in a great place. Folks here (especially ones who’ve commented to you here) are some of the best on this site. I check in here all time. Read and post and take it all in. I drank hard for 20 years, I just turned 40, I’m having a son the end of the month. I needed to stop. I joined Talking Sober 2.5 years ago. Had my slip ups but you know what? The people here welcomed me back and stuck on my corner as they will do for you. Reach out when you’re in need. (Someone is always willing to listen and give advice.)We all got you back. Again, welcome and best of luck on your journey.

5 Likes

You’re in the right spot! And your young enough to enjoy the rest of your life and not be miserable in your drinking. Try an AA meeting too!

1 Like

Hi and welcome 🙋
This app is a great place to share. We all were were you are. Sharing here makes you less alone is my experience!
So come here often, we’re here for you! :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Rosy…welcome! I’m glad you are here!

Hi Rosy and welcome also! Great app/community with helpful advice and experiences :slightly_smiling_face:

Took my first drink at 17 stopped when i was 34 now im 67 still sober wish you well

3 Likes

Bravo @Ray_M_C_Laren ! Your ages the years of sobriety is inspiring. I feel hope.

2 Likes

Welcome to the group! It’s full of amazing, funny, good souls. You’ll learn a lot and a lot about yourself too.

I feel lonely a lot too on my sober journey but your story sounds just like mine and a lot of people’s stories here. There’s people here to vent to and share with and feel lonely together with. I’m finding the longer I’m sober the less lonely that I’m feeling. It’s all been worth it and it’ll be worth it for you and your family too. :heart::v:t2:

3 Likes

Only makes you realize when your family leaves you how much you love them feeling better in myself not drinking just dealing with each thing as it throw at me

1 Like