Ready to feel good about myself

Feeling fine on day 15! I had a brief moment standing out in the hot sun of oh, a beer would be nice, and then I pushed it away and focused on being with my kids. We watched a firefighter competition and they even had a kids race, it was adorable and my boy crushed it. Lol.
Honestly, this weekend would normally have been a weekend I would have planned to be drunk the whole time. Husband’s birthday, tailgating and going to a soccer game, then mother’s day…a whole two days of reasons to “celebrate”. So I made myself DD, and our son will be with us at the game, and I will be present for him. For mother’s day we’re going to see hubs’ mom and I can easily not drink there and I’ll want to be in the pool with the kids.
I did my first day of eating more healthfully amd felt really great, definitely will be keeping that up. Off to bed early so I can get up and take action tomorrow!!!

4 Likes

@al2017 it’s not about knowing better, don’t be too hard on yourself! We all know better, but our addictions can still outsmart us. You’re not a bad person, we can just get caught up in the bad behaviors :persevere: redirect yourself into a different train of thought. We’re all here for you! Keep coming back, take it a minute at a time :heart:

1 Like

Super 16! I am super proud of myself today. I was placed in two situations where I would normally get super drunk and not be sitting upright right now. First was a bbq for my husband’s bday. I typically drink to be fun/funny/relatable…i was all of those things while sober. Next was a crowded soccer game that usually spikes my anxiety, so I get drunk to cope with the feelings. I stayed sober and took a moment to meditate in public and stay hydrated, and I came out feeling pretty good and my jaws don’t hurt since I was breathing instead of chugging beers and clenching my teeth. Thinking about it now, booze just made me feel way worse in those situations. Drinking to feel better was a lie that I told myself. I’m writing a new story, one where I can cope with feelings, even if I have to breathe and chug two huge bottles of water in 2 hours. I made it and I feel amazing. This next chapter is going to be amazing. I am enough, I am responsible for what I see.

4 Likes

Happy Mother’s day! Another day clear and present with my family. I swam with my kids and my 19 month old daughter finally felt comfortable in the water and it was a huge breakdown to get out of the pool. But she made it up to me by letting me snuggle her while we took a midday nap. :hugs: she’s not a cuddler at all, so this made my day. My 8 year old pressed my buttons, but I have a ton of patience right now, so I handled it well. He is in this horrid phase, plus I’m sober, so I say no to more things when I used to just say, I don’t care, bud. He’ll thank me later, I’m sure. :thinking:
I have to say, I’m proud and feel great, but I am doing a ton of hard work to make each day meaningful. I’ve started a gratitude journal, I also document the days as I follow may cause miracles, which is 40 days long, and I just freewrite. I’m reading the bulletproof diet book again, and reading the choose yourself guide to wealth, which is interesting and falls in line with my whole career shift. I listen to people talk about positivity and shifts in thinking and how to take action. I am living, breathing, and oozing positivity and wholesomeness. (Which smells better than tequila…:joy:)
I drank because I hated the life I had made, the job I worked. I convinced myself I was horribly depressed and there was nothing I could do…but I told myself the lie that drinking made me happier.

I can change everything. It’s my life and I’ll do what I want. I’ve been speaking openly and passionately this past week especially about what I want and I am getting support and love that I need. I’m finding that you get back what you give out.
Do some work on your insides, your heart and soul and I am finding it brings huge returns.

2 Likes

I am still around, just missed yesterday, because I was busy working on my website. I am learning a ton and getting this whole thing figured out. I am so ready to quit my day job. Only 10 more days left!
I have 19 sober days tucked under my belt, and I am loving it. I had a super emotional day, it’s that time of the month for me, plus I nearly got in a huge accident thos morning. Some idiot was trying to pass on a two lane and ran me off the road. It really stuck with me all day. I tried everything to get past it. I did my breathing meditation, listened to positive podcasts…in the end I just ate an assload of sugar and I’m going to bed early. I had just eaten super healthy for two whole days too. :unamused:
I left work early and came home to do some more work before having to get the kids.
I guess it wasn’t all bad. I didn’t drink. In the not so distant past, this day would have ended with me super drunk, so I am grateful and proud that I am sober. I’m off to sleep, I have to be up early again to get some work done and lift some weights.

3 Likes

Nice job staying strong despite all of the setbacks. Working on a website, eh? Do tell us more about that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats on day 19 and getting through a super emotional day! Tomorrow is a new day! Keep lifting those weights…endorohins are wonderful!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes, I’m working from home, and quitting corporate america. I am very excited. I built a super simple website for my husbands business and I’m working on one for my virtual assitant business. Being sober, I can wake at 3 am and work till the kids wake at 6!!! Productivity! :hugs:

2 Likes

I love to lift, I have a whole set up on my covered porch out back. I recently ran a half marathon, and hated every second of the steady state cardio. :sob:

1 Like

THREE WEEKS!!! I can’t even believe how much I’ve grown and done. There is a whole different tone to my recovery this time around. I’m focusing on my mind and my health and reaping huge benefits. I am just full of excitement and my energy us coming back! Lets find out what three more weeks will get me! :hugs::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Congratulations on the 3 weeks @al2017. Yea!

1 Like

23 days and feeling amazing. I have done some things far out of my comfort zone this week and it feels so great! I also crossed a huge hurdle and hung out with my hardcore drinking buddy tonight. At first she kind of ignored me, but by the end of the night, nobody was stupid drunk and I’m about to go to bed and wake up with a clear head! I had been avoiding her for the past thres weeks, she hasn’t been supportive in the past, and I wasn’t sure that I was up for the peer pressure. I decided I just needed to suck it up and get it out of the way. To my surprise, she didn’t pressure me this time, she didn’t say she missed getting drunk with me, we ended up just chatting like normal people do. Woah. You know, I honestly didn’t want to drink, the only real fear I had was around what they would think of me for not drinking. I told my husband how I felt, and he said, well f$%@ them and who gives a shit? Wise dude, my husband. :joy:

2 Likes

Today is day 26 and I am still eating a ton of food, I’ll have great days where I eat super healthy and then days like today when I snack constantly because of boredom. I think I will commit to a sugar detox at starting June1, that will be just past my one month mark and I won’t be in the office any more, so no better time. I think I just need to treat sugar and the obsessive eating like booze. It actually feels the same, when the junk food craving hits. I am going to meditate on it and come up with a plan. I really just want to do away with those addict like behaviors, even if it is food and not booze. I feel really amazing when I have a good day, and I just need to keep that feeling in the forefront of my mind. 1.5 days till I no longer have to attend my corporate crap fest of a job! :hugs::dancer:

5 Likes

I understand wanting to eat healthier but also be kind to yourself while your body still healing and sorting itself out! Congrats on the 26 days !!

1 Like

Thank you, @justbreathe77, I need to keep that in mind. I am just really wanting to break all addiction habits.
Welp, made it to 28 days and feeling awesome. Today was my last day at my corporate job, and now I can spend time with my family and work on the things I am passionate about.
I am really working hard to find out who I really am, and there’s a lot of journaling, talking and goal setting going on here. Just living one moment at a time.
I really did feel the pull to celebrate today, but I decided I don’t want to start my next chapter that way. What is it with me and 28 days?!? Tomorrow will be 29 and a new PR for me. Thankful for another sober day!

2 Likes

@al2017 Congrats on your last day of corporate job! How has the transition been? Well I can’t really shouldn’t comment too much about eating habits as the Omega brand cinnamon flax covered walnuts had my number today. I guess my body needed the walnuts! Lol

Day 1 again. I did a total of 30 and then life changes got to me and I sunk into a huge depression and started up again to really kill those emotions. I’ve started my mindset practice again, got hubs on board and we’re committing to a sober 100 days. It’s going to be great to have him on my side this time, and I am really excited about it. I’m checking in here daily each day, so call me out if you haven’t heard from me!

I should add that ultimately I plan for much longer than 100, but feel like taking it in chunks will help me to let go of the fear of never drinking again. Each time I’m feeling more comfortable with the thought, but it is still a barrier.
When I feel like drinking I can: move my body, eat something healthy, play a board game with my kids, come post here, tell my husband about it, knit, read recovery stories, meditate, journal about it. Lots of water amd herbal teas and veggies, talking about my depression and allowing myself to feel what I’m feeling and move forward.
Today I’m stewing in the feelings of being fed up, and sad for myself, and feeling lost and like a looser. So I’m posting, I’m breathing and doing busy things around the house.

Day 2. Woke up early with the intention of working out, but my body is so sore. Last week was the beach vacation and between all the swimming, walking, stairs and awful bed, and drinking, every muscle in my body is wound super tight. So, I did some yoga stretching, some bodyweight work, and some light meditation. Realizing we had an empty fridge, I went out to the store and grabbed tons of veggies and meats and put a roast in the crock pot for dinner. As I always do, I’m trying to eat healthfully but be gentle, so I grabbed some corn dogs for balance. I have a little housework to do and may actually do my regular scheduled lifts this afternoon. I also did some journal work this morning and explored my feelings on this restart. I have so many goals and drinking always gets in the way, of my health, my marriage and my family. Now the hubs agrees and I really feel like I can do better without a divided household.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I’m right there with you. Starting today. So sick and tired of this. I just need to remember to live in each moment. Embrace it. Be aware. And do it with clarity. Have a great day! :pray:t3:

2 Likes