Real-Life Scary Stories šŸ•Æļø

Amazing! How the hell are you guys not freaked out more?! I would not be able to sleep! Itā€™s interesting the activity seems very directly linked with what is going on between you and your wife. Your house must have soaked up you characters and dynamics deeply! Brrrr! :flushed::star:

3 Likes

Good to know! The next time I move, Iā€™ll definitely do that. They should put that in a military informational pamphlet for military families because we moved around so much! :grin:

2 Likes

The last part of your story REALLY gave me chills! :scream: OMG

2 Likes

The timing of this thread is perfect with Halloween around the corner. All of these stories gave me chills. I donā€™t have one myself but I certainly enjoyed reading. Thank you @Faugxh, @Ravikamor, @MrsOdh and @Dolse71.

6 Likes

There is definitely something going on out there we are not in tune with, unfortunately if there is life after death with my luck Iā€™ll come back as myself.

6 Likes

Paul, lolā€¦ you made me laugh this morningā€¦ thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With my luck, Iā€™ll come back worse than myself. I said this to my daughter and her reply was ā€œstop being negative mom. Youā€™ll come back as a rich divaā€. :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

I love ghost stories @Faugxh! @Lisa07 is right! Halloween time! Thank you for starting this super cool thread!!! :heart: It!

3 Likes

Love this story :heart::ghost:

:joy::joy::joy: Omg I just laughed so hard I spilled my coffee. Iā€™ve got a sense that we have the same luck.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always been sensitive, intuitive and am recognizing my empath abilities more and more as I get older. Heres a couple storiesā€¦

When I was quite young, I used to sleep facing away from my closet because I felt like something was watching me. My grandmother would buy more porcelain dolls which I would face towards the wall at night because I felt their eyes on me. One night I was reading in bed with the lamp on and felt strongly like I was being watched. The lightbulb in my lamp exploded, shattering glass by my face. My brother experienced the same watching sensation when I moved away from home (he moved into that room). He actually saw red eyes peering out from the closet, felt something sitting on his chest fairly frequently and would have objects move. My other brother has had experiences in that home as well, and has woken up with a large handprint in the middle of his chest. My parents still live in that house.

I went to a summer camp for several years when I was young. One year there were a large number of injuries and accidents that occurred. The entire week I was exhausted and felt like my energy was being absolutely sucked from me. I felt disconnected from everyone and was extremely emotional. I was scared because I could feel something bad was hovering around but felt I couldnā€™t talk to anyone about it. My counsellor had told the visiting pastor what I was experiencing and we talked it through together. That was the first time I heard the term ā€œintuitiveā€.

My aunt passed away after a long battle with cancer when I was in my early teens. I knew it when I woke up that day. My mom told me she was gone and I freaked her out when I said ā€œI knowā€.

I have seen someone standing in my peripheral vision, turned around to say hi and saw no one there. This has occurred a few times since my early 20s.

The thing from my childhood became jealous of my husband when we first met and tried to keep us apart by continually making itself known. We heard nails scratching on walls, had lamps turn on and off, stereo volume go up and down on itā€™s own, woke up with scratches on out bodies, had objects move, violent dreams, etc. These continued despite several moves. At one point I asked my husband if I was worth all this - Iā€™m so glad we didnā€™t let it influence the direction of our relationship. I say the thing from my childhood as an assumption but it could be something else.

As Iā€™ve gotten older the more forward indications have gone away (donā€™t wake up with scratches, have things move, have frequent violent dreams, etc). What I do recognize, feel and tune into constantly is the energy of people. Iā€™ve been called a ā€œhuman barometerā€ and ā€œyellow canary in a coal mineā€. This gift is exhausting, but also extremely helpful now in my career. Boundaries are something that I continue to work at so I donā€™t take on othersā€™ emotions, stress or problems as my own. Alcohol has helped me to numb some of these things out over the years but it is serving me less and less as time goes on. Hence why Iā€™m here on TS.

Only my family and closest friends know ā€œsomeā€ of these things. As I typed this up I know it sounds crazy and debated deleting it altogetherā€¦ But this is a thread about spooky things. It is spooky to me because I canā€™t explain it. Thanks for reading!

4 Likes

Awesome and freaky, thanks so much for sharing! - and welcome to ts and sobriety! The thing from your childhood sounds violent and oppressive. Did it follow you when you got married? I hope not!
I would be very interested to hear more about this conversation with the pastor in your youth camp.

1 Like

Me in active addiction.

The end.

5 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing Derek. Grateful now that I have been through some scary shit in my addiction to get to where I am today. :ghost:

2 Likes

It didnā€™t follow us through marriage, thank goodness. The odd thing happens here and there but not even close to the magnitude of before - we tend to brush aside and try not to give attention. The convo with the pastor was a long time agoā€¦ I remember them talking about how there is good and evil, and there are some things which happen or entities which are present that we might not actually see, understand, etc. But there are people who are gifted with sensitivity and intuition who pick up on them. Iā€™m not religious but think about all this in terms of energy (or residual energy) - thatā€™s an explanation that feels better to me.

1 Like

Yes, awesome! Thanks for telling about this!

Letā€™s bump this with a bloody stump for an arm and thereā€™s a loud crash and shattering somewhere in the distance, did you hear??? :ghost::jack_o_lantern::japanese_ogre::star:

2 Likes

Gotta revive my favorite thread for Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

I got a story.

About 25 years ago my grandfather died.

My grandmother paased a few years later.

A week after she passed, i laid down to go to sleep.

I had a dream i was in my buddies van, his band was on tour and i was tagging along.

We pass by my grandparents condo in Florida and i say ā€œhey let me out, im gonna go see my grandmomā€

I get out of the van and walk up to the condo.

My grandmother opens the door and is happy to see me.

We sit down on the couch and i ask her how she is.

She turns to me with a look of sadness. And she says ā€œHe came to me and said its time to goā€

I was on the offensive at that point, and felt scared.

I said ā€œWho came and said you have to leaveā€?!

Her face turned from sad to happy and she said ā€œyou know he watches you, rightā€?

At this point im terrified. I demand to know who is watching me.

She says ā€œHeā€™s watching you right nowā€

She points to a mirror infront of us that reflects the entryway to the condo, the door which i came in.

I see a middle aged man wearing a long coat, hat and holding a cane standing in the walkway inside the house. He turned to look at us as we looked via the mirror. He then walked/vanished into the wall.

I turned to my grandmother, completely terrified that i just seen a young version of my grandfather walk into a wall, and she turned to me and gave me the biggest smile.

I then woke up and i was unable to move from my bed. I tried to scream but couldnā€™t open my mouth.
I laid paralyzed in my bed for 10 minutes before i could move again.

Its the only dream i still remember to this day.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing, I love that! Did your fear ever change into a different feeling over time?