Really needed to put my situation into words, to make it real and hold myself accountable

i’m new here, have been around addiction a lot in my life. i don’t know where i fall on that spectrum, all i know is the decisions i’ve made lately aren’t ones to benefit myself in the long run. nothing i’ve done lately has made me very proud of myself. i don’t feel like i’ve hit rock bottom but i also don’t feel like i’m the best person i can be, i know i have more potential. maybe not necessarily an addict in a sense of constant drug and alcohol use but addicted to the distraction of reality and my goals and that leads to partying… with drugs and alcohol. i’ve created a false reality where this behavior is okay and since i see it’s okay for others, i fool myself into seeing it not being an issue really. but coming from someone who already has struggled with mental health issues, things so small and simple and even fun for others cause me to spiral out of control emotionally. it’s a slippery slope. sorry i just needed to talk about it to make it real for me. the end.

1 Like

mlw, i totally understand. i live across the street from a bar and see people on the patio enjoying their beer and think to myself: i can be like them, have one beer and end it. but in reality it never ends with one. i don’t have the self control. it helps to take ownership of your new reality, sobriety. i’m rioting for you!

2 Likes

It’s good to get it out into the air. It sounds like perhaps one of the most important questions – or, if you are loke some of us, THE most important question – to settle. Starting: last week.