Reasons for fighting

1. There are some people reaching out to me now, and I’d like to socialize and stop feeling so isolated.

2. I’ve been drawing a lot more and it’s made me start feeling good again. I think if I relapse I’ll probably put it aside.

3. I want to feel like me as much as I can.

1. My cousin came out today. It reminds me that someday I want to unashamedly and openly be me.

2. I need to open myself up to new things again. Old things need to go in the past.

3. This will never make me happy. I need to stop deluding myself

I want my life to be mine, not ruled by an addiction.
I want to break free from the mental torment I put myself through.
I want my life to be something I can be proud of.

2 Likes
  1. If someone asked me dead to my face what my biggest mistake was, I don’t want it to be one I’m still making.

2. My little cousins deserve a good role model

3. I’d like to not fear this interrupting my life forever

1 Like
  1. There’s something wrong with me. It’s a thing that’s run on repeat in my brain forever. I’m growing more comfortable with me, but sometimes that wrongness feels alien all over again, and that’s enough to contend with.

2. I don’t want to be the person who stops trying. There are enough people like that.

3. Some self care items are slipping through the cracks bc I’m taking care of mom. So I need to be kind to myself.

1. I’m scared that one day this selfishness could rot into something bad, that one day I’ll take it out on someone who doesn’t deserve it. Don’t wanna be that person.

2. I don’t want to see my life blow up before I cry out, “I’ll do better I swear!”

3. It’s not anyone else’s fault that my own bad choices are making me miserable instead of happy, because they’re bad for a reason. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

1 Like
  1. There’s something comforting being familiar with all the devils in your head, how they work. I’d like to know this one a little better, so we can renegotiate how things work around here.

2. I’m sleep deprived enough to be depressed. The addiction makes it hard to sleep. Ergo, the addition is making me depressed.

3. I don’t want to make anyone feel like they don’t know if I’m going to take their feelings seriously because I’m too distant and self focused.

2 Likes
  1. My mental health. Never better.

2. My physical health. Everyday getting better.

3. Nothing’s worth the insanity of the 1st drink. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

4 Likes
  1. My relationships suffer when I’m not sober
  2. I feel better mentally and Physcially sober
  3. I have goals to achieve that I can’t do in active addiction
3 Likes
  1. I’d like to not be a stressed sponge in the center of a perpetual tense household forever thanks.

2. I can’t go to my normal coping mechanism drawing so I need to be on my guard.

3. I’d like to not fall apart every time I’m feeling off thanks.

2 Likes
  1. It’d be… really great to be over this by the time I move out

2. I need to learn to function regardless of how I’m feeling. Even when I’m feeling things that trigger addiction thoughts.

3. Need to take care so my wrist heals

1 Like
  1. I’d like to stop believing I’m worth so little.

2. I don’t want any more intrusive thoughts or feelings from the addiction.

3. I don’t want to see people as things I can use.

1 Like
  1. I’m almost to twenty again!!

2. I’d like to feel in control of my life. I always get that most when I’m sober.

3. I’m getting writing done again!

2 Likes
  1. I’m in a lousy mood and so I don’t want the world’s vice industry to line their pockets with my issues. Screw them

2. I’m far enough into depressive symptoms, getting farther could put me in a bad spot

3. I’m collaborating with a writer on a little fan project, so I’d like to be clean while we’re going over things.

1 Like
  1. I dealt with an anxiety attack today. That makes me pretty freaking accomplished.

2. Local human disaster actually gets things done when they’re not self destructing. “It’s unbelievable” one observer notes.

3. I’m actually doing really good work on my writing and organization of the story so I really want to get another chapter done before things change.

1 Like
  1. I dont want to wake up embarrassed of my actions/words and having to apologize to anyone.

2. I dont to make horrible decisions that hurt people close to me.

3. Just plain dont want to have a hangover.

I’m on day 4 over here and today was a challenge. I really, really wanted to drink.
So, I’m happy I found this thread and did not drink. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to have good life for myself.
I want to get past these devastating feelings and feel better.
I want to change. I want to believe in myself.
I’m happy to be here and happy to be sober. :blush:
Keep smiling guys!!!

1 Like
  1. My mother has been getting sicker. Weak immune system. Need to be there for her.

2. Still feeling depressive symptoms, still need to step it up.

3. I’m progressing? Creatively? For once? Need to keep that stuff going.

1 Like
  1. I’d like to believe that all my struggles have given me something, but the only way to gain is to triumph.

2. I want to be the one in control of me.

3. I feel more out of the fog the longer I’m free of the addiction.

2 Likes
  1. It’s not the way to feel alive. It only kills me inside more. Feeling alive is the opposite route.

2. I’ve almost reached a month.

3. There are things I can’t do until I get past this addiction.

1 Like