Reasons for fighting

1. If I want love in my home I’ve gotta love myself. That’s hard while I’m still dealing with this.

2. I’ll be freer to think about what I like to, and dress how I want without worrying about negative associations.

3. It’s time to rest my poor wrists. Not do stupid stuff.

I’m fighting to fulfill my dream of getting a PhD and becoming a carnivore biologist.

I’m fighting because I am young and have my whole life ahead of me. It will not be ruined by some worthless poison.

I’m fighting because my family loves me and I need to be here for them.

1. I want to live a life I am proud of
  2. My family needs me present
  3. I want to be healthy

1. My Dad drank himself to death in January, and my biggest fear is following in his footsteps
  2. I have no control over my mental health when I’m in a cycle of binging all weekend and drying out all week
  3. I am a better friend, partner, employee, and overall human being when I’m sober.

Hi, my name is Susie, and I have been sober for a little over 11 years. I don’t have a sponsor right now, but I am still working my program, and staying sober One Day at a Time. I don’t have any friends outside of church or work or AA meetings, and today I’m wishing I did. I work full-time, go to church a few times a week, and go to AA meetings once or twice a week. Does anyone want to bemy online sponsor? I am online a few times a day, before I go to work at night.

1. I don’t want to undermine my accomplishments

2. I’m almost finished with a big art piece and I want to stay clean through it.

3. I want to be as on top of things as I can to handle my grandparents coming over for thanksgiving.

1. I can’t handle the extra anxiety.
  2. I need to work through my struggles, not run from them.
  3. My family needs me

1. I want to be what my best friend sees in me.

2. I never want anyone to look at me the way I see my father.

3. The more willing I am to advance past this fear, the better I’ll advance beyond other fears.

1. I dont have to depend on something to get me through life.
  2. I am going to do big things with my life, I can’t have this holding me back.
  3. I will not be the family disapointment

1. I always hate how I feel after.

2. My brain gets stuck on thoughts I don’t want when I give in.

3. I’m going to be happy if it kills me.

1. I have made it farther than I ever though thought I could.
  2. I have more confidence
  3. I look forward to new challenges

1. Addiction will never be enough, and it’ll just keep escalating.

2. Sometimes I start hating parts of me that “betray” me when I fail. I really don’t need that body hatred. My body serves me well.

3. I’m pretty sick of comparing myself to others and deciding I’m below them somehow. This isn’t helping that.

1. I have a desire to do more with my life.
  2. I want to be excited to see my kids, not have to deal with them.
  3. Inspire others

1. I may not always succeed, but I work hard to make people happy. If I’m wrapped up in my issues I can’t do that.

2. My dad doesn’t believe I can move out before my brothers. Screw that.

3. I can’t stand how afraid I am of changing. I need to move forward.

1. How would little me want to live?

2. This thing has only ever brought me twice the regret for anything I try to get from it.

3. I’d like to start doing things like an independent individual. Taking steps outside the comfort zone into the learning zone.

1. I looked my dad in the eyes for the first time in years.
  2. My girls don’t make comments about how many beers I have had.
  3. I am still working on getting my health back

1. Giving up on baby steps has always been a mistake. Baby steps are the best.

2. I’ll be spending my whole life with me, might as well make her cool.

3. I want others to look up to me.

1. I like knowing I can take care of my girls
  2. I have a challenging week at work
  3. I am amazing myself with what I can get done

1. Ay let’s go another round of Is This Therapist a Keeper?

2. Quitting is a promise you make to yourself.

3. I can choose between two worlds. I can’t NOT decide.

1. No hangovers
  2. No guilt
  3. More patience