Reasons for stopping

What made you’s all stop inspiring storiea

Just look around the postings, there are a lot of stories available to read about throughout the app.

You dont need a reason for to stop…
I do it for myself
If you do it for someone… Or something it will never work…

2 Likes

My life was a shit show! I’d lost every single thing possible and still couldn’t stop until one day enough was enough i stopped because I couldn’t do this to myself any more or my loved ones . Today I’m greatful to be clean and live life on lifes terms x

3 Likes

I wanted to be a better mother and example to my son. Kids dont hear what you say,they see what you do. That helped me alot

7 Likes

I woke up Thanksgiving morning, that day and decided. One day turned into 8 months, I’m 41 and I’m sober AF. Somebody once told me YOU DONT PICK THE DAY, THE DAY PICKS YOU.

8 Likes

Amen brother

1 Like

Agreed, when my daughter got wrapped around me liking beer and brought me one with the dinner from her toy kitchen it made a big impact on me too.

3 Likes

Mines was definitely for my kids what use am I to them if am dead family is key to me going clean I owe it to my children love you all guys

1 Like

Sick of being sick ,if i didnt id be dead ,

2 Likes

Tired of the merry go round I guess. I been a pretty functioning alcoholic for 45 years. At 60 now and retired and lots of stressors are gone in my life. And I reckon fat drunk and hungover is no way to enter my bronze years. One day at a time. I’m enjoying my 212th day today. :pray::heart:

3 Likes

The want and need to find myself and who I truly am as a person. The need to correct my known about liver damage before it’s too late. The desire to become a nurse practitioner as I have recently found out I was accepted to the transition program my first application attempt. I could go on…

1 Like

Wow 45 years a long time well done a lot people a know that are older say it’s pointless giving up now

1 Like