Recipe Exchange

I dont put the glaze on the pumpkin cookies. These are soft, kinda cake like cookies.

I dont serve the cake with whipped cream. Ooey gooey cakes turn out more like bars.

3 Likes

That looks delicious! :pizza:

1 Like

Trifle :heart_eyes: I make up the sponge for bottom, Victoria sponge mix but 50/50 self raising and almond flour, with jam mixed in. Secret to making jam swirl is mix a bit with batter before mixing in. Also use peach juice instead of sherry.

And next weekend I will be making my mincemeat to give it time to develop before Christmas for the best mince pies, not sure what to sub for the brandy… I usually add glace cherries so maybe the syrup from them. Also add in some cranberries.

4 Likes

My dad used to like mince meat pie. It was strange, because it’s rare in the south imo. I’d forgotten about it. I think yours will be delicious, using the cherries n cranberries. Show a pic later pls.

Simple Sausage & Cheese Dip:

1 lb. sausage
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can chopped green chilies
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 loaf French bread, with center hollowed out

Brown sausage. Mix sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and chilies in large bowl. Pour into bread bowl. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

I serve it with Frito Scoops.
You don’t have to bake it or use the bread bowl. I’ve just microwaved it before, once the ingredients were all mixed, and served it. Boom!

1 Like