Recommitment pledge

Although I’m sad to hear that other forum regulars like myself have been MIA for one reason or another, I’m glad to see that we are all trickling back to where we belong… here.

I’d formally like to recommit to living a sober lifestyle and to put the passion back into it that I lost when I lost touch with all of you. I couldn’t be more grateful to be reconnected with everyone on here, especially the ones who have been here from the beginning of my personal journey. Im eternally grateful that our paths crossed when they did. You’ll forever be the foundation upon which my sobriety cornerstone lays. It’s because of you guys that I have a renewed sense of purpose and belonging.

16 Likes

I’m in!! I wouldn’t have been able to take that next step tonight without all of your support!

3 Likes

I was bound to make sense to someone someday :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m all in. Recommitting with you guys adds substance and meaning to this shared milestone!

3 Likes

I’ll join ya! I wasn’t here before but I am now. Nice to meet ya:) And welcome back!!

3 Likes

Its been nice reading your posts ! You add so much to this community ! Welcome and nice to ‘meet’ you too!

1 Like

Great to see you back here @Naturehippy.

3 Likes

Thank you. Fortunately it wasn’t a long relapse, but still, the three weeks drinking nearly undid the almost 4 months of sobriety. Addiction is truly a poison of a mental and emotional kind. The worst part is having to once again acknowledge defeat. Again realizing that I’m not any special exception and addiction doesn’t care how much inner worth and acquired purpose I’ve gained during my record abstinence, just one drink dissolved it all. :unamused: Regardless, its good to be back seeing old and new faces overcoming what ails them.

3 Likes

We all suffer from the spirit being willing, etc., but we’ve been the poorer for not having the Unicorn spirit in the forum!

4 Likes

I’m all in and totally with you

1 Like

Well, if you didnt just make my heart explode into a million little hugs! That was one of the nicest things anybody’s ever said to me before. Thank you with all my heart (and it’s a big one)

1 Like

Good! Cause if all your posts are like the one that made me cry earlier today, you’re sure to keep me on my toes! Sheesh! Lol, I’m still moved by it.

1 Like

Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way, I mean this is a real nice thought, but pledges aren’t going to cut it. I can pledge till I’m blue in the face, but long term, when this forum is no longer, or all the people I’m familiar with have moved on, I’m only left with myself, my tools and the work I’ve put into my sobriety. If sobriety relied on sentiments and words alone, I’d never have to drink again.

You have to put the work in girly!

3 Likes

Im re-commiting with you. This Saturday is gonna be the hardest.

1 Like

I agree, if you don’t put in the work, you don’t deserve the paycheck and different methods definitely work for different personalities. For me personally when I think of a pledge I think of the definition, “a solemn promise or agreement to do or refrain from doing something”. Or like those who pledge their allegiance to the flag because of what it represents or those who vow to be married until death do them part. I not only vow to do the work but I pledge to do the work even when its painful or lonely.
Having been without the freedom to connect to this forum or meet with a face to face support group. I know first hand how hard it is when left by ones self, but many times I would reflect on the wise words or enduring experiences of others I have come to know on here and their words and examples lived on. You guys were source of strength in spirit alone.

But yes, doing the work is ESSENTIAL, I agree 100%. It’s probably more essential during the times when we feel solid in recovery because thats when most people like myself become lackadaisical. Like a kid in detention for failing to do her homework, I spent hours yesterday researching what alcohol does to the brain and relationships as well as how to succeed solo, because you’re right, at the end of the day all we have is ourselves to atone for.

I like the cut of your jib lol.

1 Like

Best to drive yourself.

I’ve had a makeover since I’ve been away…

2 Likes

Yeesss… you’ve certainly changed!
Is it your eyebrows?

1 Like

Hahahaha and I’ve ditched the horn and the hooves. Apparently not all people believe in unicorns, but c’mon who doesn’t believe in some Bill Murray? Lol

2 Likes

I tend to think in terms of mind, body, and spirit especially in sobriety. And the more sober in spirit I become, the harder it is to accept that I’ve allowed such a parasitic element such as alcohol to feed off of me and take so much from me for as long as I have. To freely hand my being over as a host to such a selfish and mindless control is so contrary to who I am and this is the phase of sobriety where I start separating myself from the parasites, be it toxic thoughts, toxic people, and especially toxic ingestables such as alcohol and drugs. To break away from the parasitism and start benefiting myself for myself is such an empowering and happy feeling!