Recovering addict

Hello my name is Brittany,
I am a recovering addict of meth, several others but mainly meth. I used for 8 years on pain killers then herion then got hooked with meth. I have had a lot of struggles in my life that I never realized that I was hiding because of my drug use. I decided to get sober March 24th 2020 and put myself in rehab and when I got out of rehab everything was fine until I started working at a factory and ran into someone that used meth. So I got sucked back in. I lost my best friend of 14 years due to overdose a good friend of 8 years due to overdose and a high school friend I used to be close with to a overdose within a 6 month frame. After my friend Alexis passed away it opened my eyes that all my loved ones are dying and if I don’t get the help I will soon be one of them and I choose to get sober for them my daughter step son and my boyfriend but mainly for myself. I can honestly say that me choosing to change my life again was the best thing for me. This time I was definitely ready and everyday I feel happy and ready for another new day. I have a full time job now and I have my family and that’s all I need. I pray that I keep this energy on my shoulders and I do have tough days I just find ways to push through. I am 3 months and a few days clean now. I would like to keep it that way and that’s my main goal. I thought I would try to do it without support but I am
Glad I found this app.
I am already liking it already. Thank you!

8 Likes

And I’m glad you found us Brittany! IMHO we just can’t do it alone. In fact is a typical trait of addicts (well, this one anyway) to try to do everything on our own. It doesn’t work. We need each other. Together we’re strong and the more the stronger we are. So I’m very happy to have you aboard. Congrats on your sober time and hope to see more of you. All success!

3 Likes

Thank you I feel very welcome and I’m glad to be here ! I feel like god brought me to to right place :heart:

2 Likes