Recovery programs

I am on day one of sobriety and I’ve spent some time throughout the day posting to different categories. Most responses I’ve received people are mentioning how this forum AND recovery program is what has helped them?

I have looked up AA meetings but unfortunately due to the drastic rise in covid cases all in my area and nearby are cancelled.

Are they any other recovery programs I can consider?

I know this is just day one but I want to set a realistic plan in place for myself.

Any advice?

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

If you use the magnifying glass at the top of the page to search any questions you have you will find a wealth of recovery knowledge at you fingertips.

1 Like

Hey there ! I got sober trough the AA Program. There are plenty of zoom meetings going on. What time zone are you in ? If you don’t mind answering, so we can try to find some in your time zone ? Also there are 24/7 zoom meetings. This is one https://www.aahomegroup.org/ , you can install zoom and click Current Meeting and you’re in. Lots of people you can talk to. You are important.

Feel free to private message me.

All the best !

1 Like

Yeah. As many have said, lots of recovery programs including AA have put a hold on in-person meetings. For example, my area’s AA is still active and has a bunch of meetings posted, but right now they’re entirely virtual.

Hitting the locally-run ones are still a fine idea. When things open back up, you’ll be able to meet some of the folks who are helping you out! Plus if the rubber hits the road, you’ll have local phone numbers of people who’ve got your back if you do get into it.

At any rate, search around the forum. Besides AA there’s also SMART recovery, Dharma recovery, Women for Sobriety… the list goes on and on.

I think it’s super rad you’re following through. It was a revelation when I gave in and started following a program.

Plenty have walked this road before us. We don’t need to reinvent how to get sober!

2 Likes

Lots on this list here:
Resources for our recovery

And lots of online ones here:
Online meeting resources

Have fun!

2 Likes