Relapse a week before 90 days

thanks erica. im just using the lead up in my mind as a lesson to remember why it happened and to try to learn from it. i will make 90 days this time:) thanks for your reply:)

Just a recommendation. But try 5-htp.
Helped me with anxiety. Sobriety and weight and depression. It’s natural. So no tablets from doctors.
I get it from Holland and Barrett.

thanks bear

Awesome! & yes you will! You’re welcome (:

I havnt been into a place that serves alcohol for 251 days. And don’t plan on it for another 114. You might not agree with that but my recovery is important to me. I learned the tools to stay clean and sober and that’s what I do. It’s my experience when you’re new in recovery you shouldn’t be around people who are drinking. If you want to stay sober and are serious about changing your life then you have to make changes. Not many people get and stay sober I have read on this forum for months over and over again people saying they relapsed because they did the exact same thing as you. Everyone wants to get sober but no one wants to change the way the live. You have to have willingness to get sober and make serious changes as well as a lot of other things.

1 Like

thanks clay ill def try my best to stay away thats for sure

I ventured into a bar tonight without AA people for the first time. I have 205 days clean. I went with the purpose of meeting my hopefully new co-workers to sing karaoke. They are well aware I don’t drink. The only reason I went is because I had a reason to. They had been there for a couple hours before I arrived so they were a little tipsy, but were drinking water for most the time I was there. Apparently that’s how normal people act in a bar. Who knew? I stayed for about an hour, sang a couple songs and called an alcoholic while I was there. Honestly, I had a lot of fun, but never once forgot what I am. I left long before anyone else did and the world didn’t end.

Now, would I go to a bar just to hang out? Not a fuckin chance. Would I go with people who I know drink alcoholically? That’d be another fuck no. Would I enter a bar without an escape plan? I’d rather go skydiving without a parachute.

So as it seems most people here aren’t going to follow suggestions of not being around bars and alcohol so I might as well give some tips for harm reduction. If you can’t answer all these questions in the affirmative then good luck. You’re going to need it.

1. Has the mental obsession and physical compulsion to drink/use been lifted?
  2. Have you spoken to someone about your plans who both understands the disease and is familiar with your recovery?.
  3. Did that person think it is ok for you?
  4. Do the people you’re going with know about your disease?
  5. Do they respect your decision not to drink/use?
  6. Do you have an ironclad escape plan?
  7. Are you willing to use it, even if it means coming late or leaving early?
  8. You don’t have a history of relapse in similar situations?
  9. Are you damn sure that you aren’t going to drink?
  10. Do you have people to call who are also in recovery?

If you can definitively answer all of those questions with a yes then you might be safe. I had no problem answering all of those questions yes and I still only stayed for an hour. I didn’t have any urge to drink and I still wasn’t willing to risk staying longer. I left before singing a song I signed up for. When I told everyone I was leaving no one begged me to stay. No one offered me a drink because I was honest with them. They are good friends because they respect what I’m trying to do. Any “friend” that pressures you to drink is an asshole.

2 Likes

good on ya mate. well done