Relapse, bouncing back, and the struggles in-between

I’ve been clean for 21 days now, ever since my last irresponsible decision to just not try anymore. I know I’m supposed to reach out to my sponsor, do 90 in 90, do service work, and basically just work the program. It just seems like there are not enough hours in the day sometimes, or I might even feel like I don’t need to share/listen that day. Idk why but I tend to think I know best, even when I clearly don’t. I haven’t heard from or seen my sponsor in 2 weeks now, ever since we read a chapter and discussed after my last embarrassing relapse. No, I haven’t reached out to him either but I hone a try don’t feel comfortable with things at this point. Maybe I’m just pushing people away again, which is something I’m good at, or maybe I need to find a sponsor I’m more comfortable with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!! Have a great sunday!!

3 Likes

You could listen in on zoom meetings, without camera or microphone on even.
Best of luck, Dustin!

3 Likes

My goals are slowly getting met, I keep thinking ’ Never Give Up’ just that helps me plus the reminder that I feel much better! Keep checking in and remember you are on your way and every sober minute counts✔️

1 Like

Stop letting your ego decide what you do!
As they say
“Let go, let God!”

2 Likes

These are the days I make sure I hit a meeting, whether in person or online, and I always take something away that helps me.

We found enough hours in a day to drink or drug. We have to put that same effort and time into sobriety.
Our recovery must come first, so that everything we love in life does not have to come last.

5 Likes