Relapse dream last night

Ive had 3 of these dreams in the month ive been sober. The first one, i was moderately pressured to drink by a friend at a get together. I mostly wanted to, but when i gave in i felt terrible. I woke up realizing my sobriety was more important to me than i thought. I truly felt like i lost something important, but only in the dream of course.

The second dream was me caving on my own, but this one caused no strong feelings.

The third dream was vivid, and like a standard drinking night of my former daily routine. Come home, immediately start pouring shots. What was unsettling about this dream was that when i woke up i wasnt sure if it had really happened or not. That was my day to day for years and i often woke up with hazy memory or no memory at all of the previous night with minimal hangover. I sincerely didnt know for maybe 10 minutes if it was real or not. My memory during this transition period has been extremely disrupted. Im not sure if thats normal or not, to be honest. But in any case, the dreams serve me mostly to remind me of how valuable staying sober really is to me. Its easy to forget it when youre tiring under the weight of the day to day grindfest when you previously were able to escape everything every evening.

2 Likes

I had a dream last night that I was on mushrooms with a bunch of spider monkeys on a boat near a beautiful Caribbean island. My psyche apparently was cool with my mushroom intake but there was a gigantic beer in the middle of the table and my mouth was dry so I took one tiny sip. Immediately (while dreaming) I thought “oh no, I have to tell my sober peeps”. Happy sober New Year to my actual sober peeps. I won’t be ringing it in with mushrooms or booze.

2 Likes

I’ve had them also be4. Sometimes I couldn’t tell if it was real for about 10min after waking up.

One of them I remembered everyone was smoking weed but no1 would smoke with me no matter what while I was being forced to bag it so when I woke up I was craving and possibly withdrawing. This was last year. Haven’t had one sence.

User dreams are the worst

2 Likes

Your not the only one and boy don’t they feel real. Honestly in my opinion when you have a relapse dream that’s your conscious telling you your body is done and your mind is stronger then the addiction your facing. Just my theory

1 Like