Relapse hating it

I am so embarrassed I relapse last night and can’t remember anything all I know is my husband left this morning for a work trip this week and won’t talk to me. We got into a little earlier but the silence is killing me. I am your typical binge drinker and am feeling very sad today

1 Like

The problem with booze is that last night could have gone either way - you could have been awful to your husband OR he could have been awful to you, or both!
Either way, unless he recorded it, you’ll never be 100% sure.
Not good!

I know just wish he would talk to me

2 Likes

Relapsing isnt easy. Just remember that you gotta get sober for yourself and nobody else. Find the strength in you and pull yourself up.

1 Like

Thanks so mich

I’m not being holier than thou because I’ve been there so many times, it’s just so much easier to be in a position where you don’t have to rely on someone else’s recollection.
Hope it all goes well, and maybe it’s time for you and hubby to have a heart to heart?

I agree I go weeks without it then bam. He knows I have an issue and is still my best drinking buddy. Just wish he would communicate

1 Like

Silent treatment is the worst but all I can say is the best apology is changed behavior… dwelling on whatever happened is nonproductive… try to make it better by being a better version of yourself today. Go easy on yourself

3 Likes

As a man, give him time to cool off and collect his thoughts. Instead of pleading or texting just bounce back and do positive things. Actions go farther than words. Can you start going to meetings? Or tell your doctor about issues? Etc

1 Like

I went to an AA meeting and it wasn’t really for me, I go to therapy regularly this has just never come up. I will stop trying to contact him.

2 Likes

Blackouts are the worst. Even if you end up safe at home in your own bed. For me it’s phone calls where I can’t remember the conversation or being able to remember up to a certain point and BAM! Then it’s like “did that happen yesterday or earlier? When did I talk to this person about That?” You drive yourself crazy trying to put the pieces back together knowing you won’t remember and too embarrassed to ask. Him being gone for a week may be a good thing for you so you can really focus on yourself. YOU CAN DO THIS! It will be okay.

2 Likes

Thank you and I appreciate that it’s not the weekdays that get me it’s the weekends…when everyone is whooping it up…i think I can moderate and cant

1 Like

Yeah also you may have hangover anxiety or depression. Last time I drank (a week ago…) It was intense depression that made me finally fess up to friends and see my doctor.

I lost a good relationship to alcohol. It’s been a year and I still have bad dreams. Please quit while you can.

1 Like