Relapse I turned to drink again

I messed up again went on a 12 hour binge yesterday! Its so hard to stop, back to day 1 again so upset and angry with myself.

8 Likes

I made the same mistake myself. I started over, have been going to meetings daily, and am working the program. Today is day 6. If I can do it, so can you…

Adam

8 Likes

Thanks pal :+1:

1 Like

Dust yourself and hop on the sober train again. Keep going. ODAAT :sunflower:

4 Likes

So what are you doing to stay sober? Something didnt work. What will you do differently this time?

4 Likes

Thank you brother :pray:

2 Likes

Went out with mates to watch rugby and football, so maybe just stay in for a few months because im obviously not ready to go out and not drink just yet :pensive:

6 Likes

Your gonna feel like that every time, try and remember that before you start next time you get the urge. Easier said than done but I promise you it’ll only ever get worse long term unless you prepare yourself for some short term pain. Never stop trying :+1:

4 Likes

Yes to this! It takes time. You will learn who your real friends are, the ones that actually care about you.

5 Likes

Im going to give it my all this time, thank you for the message

4 Likes

I honestly think im starting to work that one out, think i may even change my contact number as well

3 Likes

Its a bitter sweet moment.

3 Likes

Try a meeting guys there watch rugby sober wish you well

3 Likes

Cheers for the message Ray

2 Likes

Me too…was doing great for a while then binged. Have to keep trying. Never to late.

3 Likes

Hello mate, i was constantly getting a few days together then something would always crop up, any excuse to go for a few. My few were around 12pints.
I read a few ebooks on the effects of alcohol and understanding alcohol I checked in here every morning then again every night. I read peoples accounts on here, going back years.
I joined in online S.M.A.R.T meetings when I was really struggling which helped me enormously you can stay anonymous if you wish. I promised myself every day that today I will not drink. I told my wife Im sick of drinking and am going to work on being drink free.
The main thing I did was not give up trying. And trying somthing different each time i messed up.
Forgiving yourself is a big step forward to moving on mate. The sooner you do that the better it will be for you. You can still remember how shit you felt the following morning, how annoyed you were with yourself. Use that to your advantage. :+1:

8 Likes

Thats 2 likes for me good message

Im my worst critic i just need to sort my priorities right and choose my circle better

Accountability helps. Someone whose opinion matters so much that they can tell you “no”, when you can’t muster the will tell it to yourself. Someone who fully supports your desire to get sober for you. Someone whose disappointment in you for relapse hurts more than any disappointment you’d have in yourself.

For me, it was my wife, and the good souls here at TS.

3 Likes

Keep a journal of how it truly makes you feel. :wink:

1 Like