Relapse pills/alcohol

Been on a binge since February after 4 years clean and a year sober. Haven’t drank in 4 days and haven’t used in almost a day…if I’m honest it’s not by choice. I know I need to quit… I just can’t believe I let myself get here again. :disappointed:

I assuming the doc is opiates or benzos other then alcohol? If so i could totally understand. You know what your going to go through. As you know it takes a while to fully detox. Just do it a day at a time. dont get overwhelmed looking that far forward. just deal with todays problems. How did you get clean before? What support did you use?

Opiates mostly, but I’ve always been experimental. Traded one vice for another before, until I quit drinking. Not sure how I’m gonna tackle it this time other than a day at a time.

Have you thought about a quick suboxone taper? You will still feel withdrawl but not full blown …my other option would be to stay clean 7 days to get a vivitrol injection. if you can get them covered.

I utilize both Vivitrol and the AA/NA route. I was an all day everyday opiate and crack user as well as hardcore black the fuck out drinker. I haven’t had a drink or drug in almost 8 months. I’m still very early in recovery but things have already gotten much better.