Relapse prevention 8 days clean from alcohol cocaine

I’m 36 and haven’t had more than 100 days clean since I was 15. Been to treatment finished with completion only to relapse a week later. Looking for people to talk to about relapse prevention.

4 Likes

Welcome! On here is a good deterrent and so are meetings I’ve found. Whatever it takes to stay in the middle of sobriety. We don’t have or need to use or drink again. Just gotta find what works and work it daily.

3 Likes

N/A groups, surround yourself with people who can relate so you don’t feel alone. You will get strength from this I promise :pray:t3:. Avoid any triggering situations like your usual places to go where others might be using. Delete any contacts that may assist you to use. Keep talking, so many people here alone who will reach out to you. Remember with out change you can’t move forward! Good luck stay strong there is life beyond the shit!!!

2 Likes

Thanks! There is a place where meetings are held all day down the street. I guess I need to bite the bullet and get these feelings of resentment out. Appreciate the encouragement

5 Likes

Let us know how you get on. Can be daunting at first but it’s the safest place for you right now x

1 Like

Well said nik cut out all the users and think of ya self we’ve all bin there it’s horrible

1 Like

Congrats on making it here :hugs: its a great little community we have here with so much useful advice and Info…

Keep checking in here daily on the check in thread. I do it every morning. It keeps me accountable. And seeing the number of clean days add up everyday is stronb motivation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Delete all social media. You don’t need it.

Change your phone number.

If you can relocate, thats a bonus :tada:

Stay busy from sunrise to sunset.

Schedule your days down to the last hour.

Keep a solid daily routine. It helps ALOT.

Know that you will get urges and cravings at random and it will suck and be uncomfortable, know in the back of your mind that no matter how strong the cravings and urges are, you will not relapse. You are clean now.

Go to NA meetings. Daily if you can. It helps.

Do online meetings. Put your self on mute and just listen if you don’t want to have your camera on or mic. Its great to just listen to meetings :grinning:

Stay active. Excercise or just go for long 10k step walks daily. It helps to fill in your free time.

Watch Netflix stand up comedy , its good to have a laugh to snap your self out of a cravings funk :joy:

Write down your list of “why’s” why you are staying clean etc… It could be anything. But make sure your honest about it… For example , a few of my “why’s” are, so can travel again…so I can get a dog. So I don’t die prematurely. So I can get my regular healthy balanced life back and keep it…another one is so I can fly a helicopter one day but thats at the bottom of my list lol :joy:

Listen to podcasts.

So in a nutshell, there is alot to do for relapse prevention…its just a daily task of slowly building your life back up to the standard you want to live at, and soon you will experience over whelming moments of happiness , these are the moments that will keep you clean and keep you from relapsing…

Hope some of that helps :tada::100::hugs:

4 Likes