Relapse prevention and recovery

I was Googling Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome when I came across this article. It’s some of the best information I’ve found on relapse and recovery, and I think it could apply to just about any addiction. Just sharing in case you are interested…

11 Likes

Bump.
MoCatt once again.
Good article worth reading.

4 Likes

Thanks. I know how hard it is. And the value of having information.
I know it’s easy to get complacent, and then the next thing you know you have a drink in your hand. And by then, for many, myself included in the past, it’s too late.
Just keep working at it. Your doing well and the more you have these little wins the stronger you get.:smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Good article.

1 Like

Great article! Definitely brings me some more awareness :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thread necromancy for those into a lot of words as I am from time to time. Great article and the abstract alone is golden.

…Fourth, most relapses can be explained in terms of a few basic rules. Educating clients in these rules can help them focus on what is important: 1) change your life (recovery involves creating a new life where it is easier to not use); 2) be completely honest; 3) ask for help; 4) practice self-care; and 5) don’t bend the rules.

Big yep, yep and yep from me! That’s a lot of things I didn’t want to do drinking that when listened to got me on my longest stretch sober and happy. :v:

3 Likes

Nice one @Eke!
:grin:

2 Likes

This was awesome, thank you !

1 Like