Relapsed again 2022

Every time i get to 4 month’s shortly after i relapse. This time brought my husband down with me. He caught new charges and going to prison. I came back to pv to get sober. Trying really hard. I hate having to start over.

2 Likes

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about what happened. That sucks.
You can do this! I wish I could chat longer but I’m tired.
I just wanted to make sure someone responded to you asap.
Can you get to a meeting AA, NA, smart ecovery? I hope you keep checking out this forum for help.
Take care :unicorn:

3 Likes

Im going back to iop then my peer support is going to take me to a meeting. Im just waiting 10 days since ive done pills then i can get my vitriol shot

2 Likes

That sounds like a good plan.

1 Like

Thank you …

What is a vitriol shot?

I’m sorry to hear about your step back, I know struggling with opioids is extremely difficult with not a lot of resources. It is also my DOC. I am always around if you need to talk. It does get better, it’s the struggle of your life but it’s to keep your life :heart:

2 Likes

Vivitrol is the brand name for an extended-release form of naltrexone, a medication commonly prescribed to help prevent relapses into alcoholism or drug abuse. This medication is typically administered once a month through an intramuscular injection.

1 Like

Got it, thanks. I feel like an idiot now. I’ve been sober a long time but never needed shots.

2 Likes

Just so you know, you are AWESOME! You were there with support in minutes. I wanted to call that out, it makes a big impression and shows how much you care to help those still struggling. :heart:.

3 Likes

Oh, vivitrol, not vitriol. :unicorn:

2 Likes

@IamThechange Thanx, just trying to answer the calls.
Now, I really need to go to bed. It’s 11:40 here. :unicorn:

1 Like

Yeah i spelled it wrong. Thank you. Have a good night