Relapsed again. So disapointed in myslef

Hello im new here, this is my second time tryimg the whole sober thing, im on day one… its rough im feelimg like poop, i was once sober for 3 months before, now im hack to square one… i hope i can do better this time… im so disappointed in myself!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

If you made it to three months’ sober before, you can do it again. This app is super useful for checking in and keeping you on track.

Best of luck.

4 Likes

There are a lot of success stories here. You’re next!

5 Likes

What are you going to do differently this time? Are you getting support or doing it alone. Ask yourself why do you want to get sober

3 Likes

Hi and welcome🙋
Sorry to hear about your relapse, that sucks. But glad you found this app, it can help you tremendously. But still…staying sober is hard work.
My tip? Be here much! Read, read and read! There is loads of good information here on this forum. Just use the :mag: above to find it!
For me I’m here every day since my day one.
Today is my 473 day sober so it can be done.
You can do that too!

10 Likes

Im doing this alone, my husband is also an alcoholic and he wants to quit drinking too but its hard weve tried before i always last longer then he does… i wanna be clean for my children!!! Im already tempted!!! I hate this i feel like im such a piece of shit…i have left over wine in my fridge and its just screaming at me

1 Like

Disappointed at what? Trying to be a better person, trying to live with you the one in control. Falling is an accident, staying down is a choice. Did you really believe it was going to be that easy, We fail, we learn, we fail, we learn etc etc, then one day we stop failing and everyday we learn something new about ourselves. Well done on your 3 months sober BTW, no one can ever take those days away from you, you haven’t lost them your just gonna add a few more now. Easy.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum. So much great information on here to help you so please read, read and read more. Also, check in daily. Here’s the thread Checking in daily to help maintain focus #6

1 Like

Thank you guys i appreciate the support… ive been an alcoholic since i was 15, it was so easy for me to quit with both of my pregnancies… im just ashamed that something like alcohol can hold such power of me!! Looking forward to having a sober community… never been to an AA .

3 Likes

Pour it out.

5 Likes

Small steps, I never had the courage for AA but don’t dismiss it, desperation found my way there and why, if I wanted to give up alcohol and I truly meant it would I not go to the most famous place to stop, it seemed illogical to me. I’ve not been to many but when I needed it then the ones I go to really help. We all fear it until we do it and remember everyone that walked through that door felt the same. TBH I didn’t, I turned up half hour early really excited to change my life :joy: :joy:. For now though this app is a wonderful place for you to start. You are never alone now and you will never be judged. Be strong.

1 Like

If you feel you can you should but I had beer in my fridge for days when I quit. if I picked it up to pour it down the sink I feared I would pour it down my throat. It also helped me for the first few days bc we always want what we can’t have and my attitude was its my choice, I can have it if I want to bc it’s there but I choose not to, but it will have to go one day.

3 Likes

Pour it out!

1 Like

I have a fridge full of beers and a liquor cabinet with all kinds of spirits. I didnt plan to be sober. I literally woke up one morning and out of the blue decided I wasn’t going to drink anymore. I suppose to avoid accidentally drinking one of them I should get rid of all it. Seems like such a waste.

1 Like

@Dolse71 These words are GOLD. Every word of this post resonated with me. Such sound advice, I read it 3x before I threw my hands up & screenshotted it! No one can take those days…accident va choice…learning daily…bettering ourselves…GOLD!

1 Like

yes your right. If you drank it it would be such a waste. A waste of time.