Relapsed and had to reset my timer yesterday

Relapsed last night, hit a low point and let myself down by using, seriously dissapointed in myself with it.

8 Likes

Do you exercise? Im on day 2 when I crave exercise helps me.

5 Likes

Yeah i exercise where i can it usually does help

3 Likes

Cause am weak, thats cold hard truth of it, too weak

3 Likes

That was not the reason, I am sure. What was the feeling proceeding the craving?

3 Likes

I was feeling worthless and couldnt find a reason to carry on

1 Like

So… You decided that relapsing was gonna make you feel less worthless?
I’ve never had any relapses on my gaming-addiction, but from what I can tell from other people who’ve relapsed, it’s absolute fucking shite and really bad for your self-image. So I can’t possibly imagine you felt less worthless after relapsing.

How bout you write down 10 things you did good each and every day to boost your self image. Everytime I have a shite self image, that’s what I do and it has a huge positive effect on me

5 Likes

Well, that’s a good point to start from. Keep digging deeper.
And most of all do you feel better now?

Don’t give up on you. It’s a long way for most of us, I say for me to direct me towards accepting myself the way I am.

1 Like

I decided at the time i had no more to lose in my mind ane i will give all that a try and see if it works it wont hurt

1 Like

I wouldnt say i feel better just more let down by my choice to relapse looking back on it i see it wasnt the best way

2 Likes

Your still here, you’ve got another chance at a sober life as long as you keep turning up. Some people’s path is a little longer than others, trust me I was running the wrong way on the treadmill of life for years and falling flat on my face.

4 Likes

Feelings come and go, in waves. Feelings won’t kill us. And every feeling that you have is right, correct.
I cannot say that it’s wrong that you feel unworthy. Is there something other than your Doc that can cure this feeling.

2 Likes

Just one word about feeling unworthy. I remember the first time I realised that it was me big part navigating me into deep depression. I was hiking alone, feeling great, sun was shining, I was feeling calm, relaxed, the world was peaceful place. Then I don’t know how or what reminded me of my ex, in fact, my thoughts were spiralling down as was my feeling. Within 5 minutes a great hike turned into a worthless, unloved, stupid, ugly woman hiking alone bc no one wants her company. And that is were I usually woukd have bought 1 bottle of wine right away, just to not feel like such a looser.

6 Likes

I had this exact same thing happen. I relapsed 3 days ago after 157 days. I was feeling sad, depressed and lonely. I have decided to start counseling to help find tools to help get back on track. And what’s crazy is the amount of work I had to do to get the alcohol. I had to go to 2 different stores because the first didn’t sell it. Also after a small amount of whiskey I was in the bathroom throwing up for a few hours and feeling like general shit that night and the next day. I hope you can find something to help you work through your feelings. You can do this :heart:

5 Likes

You both reached out on here just before you relapsed @Jamesyb and @Runningfree.
So you both had time to change the thought process.
You can’t just give up at the first sign of hardship.
But then I guess some can.

2 Likes

I reached out to multiple people for 5 or 6 days prior on here and in real life. I’m in a very low place and for me it was drink or suicide. Hence why I’m trying counseling to help me work though issues. I understand that there was time to change the thought process which is what I’m working on. Your statement borders on judgement as if you have never relapsed. Not everyone is mentally in a good place.

5 Likes

Geo, just not at all helpful. I really would expect better from you. Get off the high ground. It’s okay to ask questions, but please quit with putting people down. You are. Just should have left your last sentence out.

6 Likes

Relapse is apart of recovery… I had to restart my timer two weeks ago…stay strong James!!

3 Likes

Relapse is a part of recovery. But it is important that you do not stay stuck where you’re at. Do not isolate! I’m 7 days sober this time. This is my 4th time relapsing and each time it got worse. I drank harder than I ever have in my life after my little sister was murdered just a month ago. But instead of staying stuck, I said the three words I thought I’d never say out loud. I need help. And the response was overwhelming. I’m checking into a rehab long term. More like a recovery house and going to see therapists. Seek help, no matter how hard it is. We have to get comfortable being uncomfortable in order to see the beauty of sobriety. It does get easier. I’ve been there before. Sometimes there are deeper seeded issues that cause us to keep relapsing and it is crucial for longterm sobriety to be open and vulnerable. And the best part about it is when you’re with the right people, it is okay to open up like that. It gets better.

9 Likes

Cool, I guess it may have come across a bit blunt.
I apologise for that @Runningfree @Jamesyb

5 Likes