Relapsed and need help

Hey so I fucked up, I just got into an amazing sober living program fresh outta rehab, 35 days clean from meth and heroin. Anyway long story short in order to make amends to my mom I offered to clean her house while she was at work. In doing so I found a bag of H that I so happened to forgot about. This and that happened and now I’m scared to go back to the sober living in fear of them finding out. I don’t know what to do I need some guidance. Anything helps. Thanks in advance. Much love :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Hello friend!
It is alright to fuck up because WE ALL HAVE. Realizing this was a bad decision for yourself is amazing and you seem like you really want to do better. I believe if you never found that baggy you’d be okay. Which means you are strong, my friend! Do you think they will help you if you tell them? Or there will be bad consequences? I wish you the best of luck xoxo Starting over is never a set back, its a step forward. You can do this.

1 Like

Just hop back to it and stay accountable. You can’t take it back now… Personally, did you know that bag was there? I find it suspicious a lil bit that you wanted to make a mends and clean for her. That’s not really how a mends is made. Just a simple sorry, I’m a better person now would of did it. Just stay honest with yourself and Carry on bud

3 Likes

I do want to do better, I hate that I found that bag and my reaction was to use instead of throwing it away. Thank you for all the kind words it really keeps me from beating myself up so much. They said at the beginning they have a relapse forgiveness policy I’m just scared because I literally started there two days ago so I’m nervous they’re gonna be like no you need to leave.

I’m starting to see that’s my only option, just grit my teeth and hold myself accountable. And I know every junkie says this but I swear I didn’t know that bag was there it was between my bed frame and my box spring and I have absolutely no memory of putting shit there. And that’s my way of making amends because I absolutely trashed her apartment before I went on my last bender. Like ripped shit off the walls. DESTROYED it. So that’s why I offered to clean.

1 Like

Gotcha and I apologise I wasn’t trying to accuse you of it. But I was just wondering, bc hey I use to be that junkie. Cocaine would of had me doing shit like that. It’s unfortunate but you’ll get it man. The biggest accomplishment you’ll get out of this is to not give up.

1 Like

It’s the only way you will learn buddy. Something in rehab didn’t stick otherwise that bag would have been flushed.

2 Likes

Most silver living houses have a contingency plan for people who relapse. The only way to make this work is to be 100% honest, and tell them before they find out on their own. Good luck I’ve been there and I hope you’re well

I’m sorry bud, but it’s not “alright"n
It might be inevitable if one is not working hard enough.
It’s a possibility if one doesn’t understand the process of sobriety!
But I will never say it’s ok!
What happens is someone is reading this having a hard time? What happens if this person reads this, has a bag of bad gear in their hand and thinks “cool it’s ok, this person says so”
What happens if they die, when they should have reached out instead?
It is never” alright" my friend!

2 Likes

Completely agree with you. I definitely should have worded myself better because youre right, its not okay! :pleading_face: But thank you for correcting me xo take care

1 Like