Relapsed badly 2 days ago and feel like crap

I’m really anxious today because I relapsed and send some angry messages, answer a work call and I to face that collegue today…had a wrong contact ( a pro contact) into a WhatsApp conv when I was talking bullshit. I apologized. And I know people know. I can’t hide or lie (even with m’y face) and I’m afraid of the conséquences or judgement. But I attended an online meeting Yesterday. I know have I to be persistent and attend one everyday or every two days.

My Heart is racing and I wanna hide far away. Or just admit if I’m asked. I’m hard with myself but feeling ashamed.

Thanks for Reading. Have a blessed day :heart:

22 Likes

I’m glad you’re here now. Maybe next time you can come here before you relapse? We might be able to help you talk yourself out of it. Also, what lessons are you gonna take away from this episode? So it won’t have been all for nought? On we go lady. One day at a time for all of us & we’re in this together.

9 Likes

Yeah as @Mno said, this “come here before relapsing” can be a life saver, or at least a sobriety saver. A year ago it definitely saved mine.
I don’t know about the rest, the only thing I know for sure is that telling the truth is always easier to be at peace with yourself.
I wish you the best.

7 Likes

I definitly have to come here and go go meetings as It’s the only places I feel fully understood :heart::pray:t5: thank you.

I have to work on a program. Really WORK on one. I was really peacefull days ago for weeks and it’s like a juste went back to habits…Bad ones…

4 Likes

I know how out of control things can get while drinking. I was the worst drunk texter phone calling person. I’d wake up and realized how I took things to far with my job I worked construction.
I would be ashamed. So lucky I was a good worker because I would have lost my job. This statement is from the past job I was working. I’d drink at my jobs thinking I could hide it.
Them days are over for me now. I always thought I was a better worker when drinking until today.
I’ve been sober sense December 12 21. And just in a year I’ve moved up to the highest position at my new job. Using my brain to a point I’d never thought I’d be doing. I work in shipping at disco automotive. And I’m learning fast my whole life has rebounded. I’m so blessed to have gotten sober for my daughter and my new bride. I wish I would have gotten sober a long time ago. Life is amazing so simple. Good luck on your subriety. Just remember all anyone has is one day one second. Life throws things in your path to cause you too crave. Keep your bubble cleared of thorns. Don’t go around alcohol keep your mind and hands busy. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be just took time. To learn who I was. Peace be with you God speed and good luck.

3 Likes

I know I am a good worker too, I don’t drink at work but when I know I Can work from home…but I called sick Many Times …and I know that my alcoholism is not good as I procrastinate a lot…but I still manage to do all the Work when I’m sober…it’s so calculative like my planning is made around drinking.
I know that and It really sucks. A waste of Time, energy and everything. I’m happy for you it’s really great and I’m ready to follow this great road for my daughter top, my Friends, my family. I’ll keep on fighting. This path is not straight but I’m going to be sincere and Hope to start living without fear. Thank you :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I can relate! A couple years ago (when I was very much in some of the worst of my drinking days) there was a coworker who I didn’t get along with and felt belittled by. After work I came home and drank heavily. I then sent her a very snarky and unprofessional message. Even in my hazy drunk mind I knew I’d made a huge mistake. A whole bunch of embarrassment and stern talks followed and I’m lucky more serious consequences didn’t happen. This is just one of many examples of how drinking jeopardized my career. I too have had to miss work because of being too hungover. I’ve gone to interviews when I was likely still drunk or both my hands were shaking. I’m 20 days sober now (second time trying to quit) and I just have to think about something like that and I reinforce my commitment to sobriety.

4 Likes

Whatever the consequences are drinking won’t make them better.

Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing :pray:t5::heart: and congratulations on your 20 days you Can be proud. I Saw that collegue today ( she called friday to change a flight and I know she heard I was drunk and she like to talk a lot . I don’t have any issues with her)
Yessss people Can see even if WE want to hide because WE don’t control anything…
Life is better without and I have to find a Way to recover . Thank you again

2 Likes

Well for me i have done some shitty things drunk or hungover and even at work. I think for me i tried to cover it with my drinking but all alone the drinking was uncover my ways and i was in denial about alot. Calling out sick, leaving early etc… but once i gave this fellowship n program a try and kept coming back things change for the good for me. I am amazed everyday where my Higher Power and this program has taken me in life. Am no longer just existing but i am now living a life. Continue to move forward and give yourself a chance. I wish you well on your journey.

2 Likes

Thank you :heart::pray:t5: I’ve been to meetings, first Time was last August) it’s been uplifting Times, really and I managed to stay sober for 2 months. I know I have to follow the program but it’s like Idon’t know where to start. But I’ll work on It. And I’ll keep sharing and Reading on this app. Thanks and happy for you :dizzy:

2 Likes

Just know you’re not alone and don’t have to figure this out alone anymore. Don’t worry about not knowing where to start bc for me i didn’t know where to start but i kept going to meetings and the start was i admitted i was powerless over alcohol. So we’ve started in the right direction by admitted and putting in work n action to get help. :heart: :pray:t4:

1 Like