Relapsed.Did I ever really commit to sobriety?

I haven’t read all the other comments on this post yet,simply because I haven’t read comments on my own post about having drank again because I’m just so sick of being in tears out of disappointment in myself.Uhm…I just want to let you know it’s okay and you can get back on tha5 horse.Just try to keep winning because you CAN win

2 Likes

I read your post…and yeah… What happened.
Like you and a lot of people said, I am just an addict and there was no major event that led up to that … I went for a bloody walk I did. A bloody walk , but there’s the catch , did I ? Will I ever be able to say I am going just for a walk and not end up shitfaced. Maannn…I am feeling better now but that sucks,being an addict. I have been sober not for a long while but a while, and I dont have the urge to go drinking or using , consciously but… Iceberg. And yeah the reasons I am what I am are still there, some old some new, but really a bloody walk in the park. Literally.
I kinda see I still have some shit that’s not in the bag sooo…
No no no no. I will stop and I will get better at getting better.
Man I wish you strenght and good luck !
God bless you… I ll try and do whatever it takes.

1 Like

So I made contact with the group and tommorow I will go to my first meeting…

Wish me luck and thank you

9 Likes

Good luck @Umpf let us know how you get on at the meeting :grin:

1 Like

GOOD LUCK!!! It might be a little scary but it will be good. The people are very kind.

1 Like

The thing is…that’s the nature of our addiction. It isn’t that you never really committed, but the addiction is also committed to convincing you to drink!! You will find a time when you have just had enough of that addiction voice and will start to tell it to just shut the fuck up. But until then it doesn’t mean you are not committed. It just means that you don’t know how to do it. But you will learn.

1 Like

Thank you , to all.
I will. All will fall into place somehow and this is going to be one of those times I remember and say yeah ,that’s when I actually started getting really better.
I am kinda no there in my mind yet, like not actually going to a meeting tomorrow but I am but I am not processing it yet…I think ?!!$&¥€¢

@Robketts I will and again thank you all and Good bless you !!?

1 Like

Are you ok? Just wanted to check in on you :yum:

2 Likes

Dude! I’m so glad you came to post instead of drinking again! I was wondering how you were doing.

I’m upset you relapsed, but I’m learning that posting about it and telling people is the way to go.

2 Likes

Thanks Ams , kinda good , a bit rattled but confused like whaaaaa have really no idea how I am right now , a jumble really but will say good.

@Bubonicphoniks yeah, just won’t. Sucks balls. Really really. And I really don’t want to anymore.
I am afraid honestly that I will but the good thing I really really don’t want to. And I will not.

1 Like

Good. Can you go hang out with someone who won’t let you drink? Just tell them you had a rough night out and dont wanna drink today, you dont have to tell them everything.

1 Like

Keep thinking sober thoughts @Umpf. You know the drill my man…one day at a time!

1 Like

Its already bedtime , safe time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s great man! Be proud of that.

1 Like

@NewPerspective @VSue @Robketts @MrCade @anon12657779 @Bubonicphoniks @Yoda-Stevie @AliciaMarie04 @Sanie and all people

I am now on my way to my first meeting. Kinda feeling a bit like not really present… Don’t know hahahahaahah will let you know all how it went guys…
Just wanted to say this…

9 Likes

Keep getting better at getting better.

1 Like

Good luck mate. It’s going to be fine

1 Like

Good luck. I know my first one I was scared out of my pants!!! I drove around the block a few times because I was early and didn’t want to stand out. Then I was afraid to go in late because I wasn’t sure WHERE at the church I was going. But in the end all my fears were for nothing. It was easy to find, everyone smiled and said “welcome”, then everyone wished me “goodbye” and said they hoped I’d be back. It was soooo nice. I’m sure it will be the same for you too.

2 Likes

Nice one @Umpf meetings work for me…:grin:

1 Like

Woohoo!!! Good luck and congrats on taking that first step!!