Relapsed for my 2nd time. They say 3rd time is the charm

I replaspe being sober for 28 days. I really thought I could handle going out to just have one beer. I wanted to prove to myself that I could go out with the same crowd and be able to not continue the same cycle. I ended up having a two day bender. I felt horribly sick the following three days. I’m finally sleeping normal now, and my head is out of the fog I was in. My emotions are all over the place, but it’s getting better. I know I need to change my way of viewing alcohol as my social crutch. I’m just happy to be sober once again.

2 Likes

These are pretty common words around here. I am glad you are seeking out a community of like-minded people. Most of those with long-term sobriety will tell you to stay far away from anything looking remotely like a challenge to your sobriety.

I am assuming that because you did, you were or are now going through the “maybe I can still drink like a normal person” part of the process. We’ve all been there.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you stick around.

2 Likes

You are not the first person, nor the last to do this. Now you know, people like us cannot simply have 1.

Knowledge is power. So where do you go from here? How will you maintain your sobriety going forward?

1 Like