Relapsed Hanging With Wrong Crowd

Got too comfortable and was hanging around the wrong people, relapsed after 2 good months and my body feels like shit. Super depressed and trying to keep calm

People places and things… if you don’t change them all you won’t stay clean. Do something different this time if you really want sobriety

2 Likes

I need a friday routine after work badly, falling in silly traps man. So upset right now

You ever go to a meeting?

Do something that will make you better, stronger, faster, smarter. Take a martial art or learn to dance the tango. Get a bike and link up with some other cyclists and go on the “shop ride”. Audit a class at a college or online. Take a pottery course. Join a book club. The possibilities are endless.

Pick a direction and start walking.

3 Likes

Haven’t but was talking to someone regularly who deals with these situations for a living

Thanks that makes sense, maybe I’m overcomplicating it. Anything is better at this point

1 Like

Gonna go to the gym next Friday after work and try to stay away from the toxins. Yesterday I was all “its been a long week” smh trying to be social, I should have just been vocal about it

1 Like

Try studying a new language… but then, maybe that’s just my thing!
In any event, try not to be too hard on yourself. The fact that certain people / locations can be a trigger for you is just something that you (and all of us) have to acknowledge, accept and… ideally avoid.
Remember that going without alcohol (or cigarettes or drugs or whatever) is not DEPRIVING yourself of anything, but rather FREEING yourself from years of BS and propaganda and crap from alcohol companies (cigarette companies, etc.) and even from doubtlessly well-meaning family members and friends.

2 Likes