Relapsed last night, so gonna try again

Relapsed last night, feel like ive really let myself down but gonna keep trying and trying until im clean

8 Likes

What happened? What can you do differently?

How long were you clean?

1 Like

chin up mate bc some people don’t even get this far. You know what you want and your trying to do it. More than likely you’ll have some more ruff days but they will make you stronger and if they don’t make you stronger eventually you’ll get that fed up going round in circles the only option is to quit or go mad.

4 Likes

I think i was feeling to sorry for myself and was expecting instant change

2 Likes

almost 4 days

2 Likes

Thanks g, i personally think i need to drop the self pity and accept anything worth it isnt easy

4 Likes

I only do 24 hours at a time. I have almost 8 hours right now and plan on staying sober today. Have you looked into AA at all?

4 Likes

we’re our own worst enemy at the best of times but as time goes by we learn a little bit more about ourselves and our capabilities. just make sure you learn from it. wish you well on your journey. :+1:

6 Likes

No i havent, because its not alcohol with me its prescription drugs

Very true, each failing attempt is a learning curve

2 Likes

my previous learning curves :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Haha yeah feel that one 100 percent

1 Like

That’s a good approach. Just keep trying until you make it. Every successful person is an expert on failure. The effort makes the glory of success that much sweeter. You got this.

3 Likes

Maybe try an NA meeting,I find they work wonders for my narcotic and prescription drug addiction. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Jamesyb, something I once heard and has helped me greatly is the thought: structures take time to change.
It helps me to remember that when I get down on myself for not making enough progress, problems not disappearing fast enough, frustration and also fear of everything going to shits again. It’s obviously true, our behaviours, the thoughts and emotions that surround them, the biology of what happens in our bodies when we consume, all these things are structures developed over time and engrained in us and our lives and envirmonments and cannot instantly change. Trust that change will occur, and keep at it with all your might in the meantime. I wish you all the strenght!

3 Likes

Many of us have been there. Truth be told, many normal drinkers, and non-drinkers have felt that.

Sobriety is about, for me, relearning how to live. How to celebrate, how to deal with anger, sadness, ect. Life throws a lot of stuff at everyone. The quote from Shawshank Redemption is really fitting: “Get busy living, or get busy dieing”. I chose to get busy living.

So, the million dollar question, next time you feel that way…what will you do differently?

You deserve a sober life.

4 Likes

Paul, you’re killing me… :joy: That’s a lot of learning curves. :rofl: same here my friend. :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the support guys, will be trying harder and harder each time! :muscle:

1 Like

I used too, in fact it’s still not gone and out of my system. The compulsion got me. And I was near the area where the damn dealer lives. But I will take care the rest of the day and do things differently tomorrow. I refuse to get down on myself because I’m still living, didn’t hurt anyone else, and have another chance.

We can pick ourselves up again so many times though. I am tired of the ups and downs. With each fall the reality of this shit sticks with me and how much I know I neither need or want it.

1 Like