Relapsed, made an ass of myself at my friend's new year's party

I took the drink again. I made an ass of myself at my friend’s new year’s party, apparently was being rude to people and just being a general dick. I feel horrible and I’m resetting the clock. F**k. What a way to start off 2020 :confused:

9 Likes

It happens, don’t let it discourage you. Stay away from triggers and red flags, even if it means staying home, watching Shark Tank and going to bed at 10:30 PM NYE like I did. But I’m not hungover, and I didn’t turn into THE BEAST like I use to when drinking. You got this, count your blessings and love forward with your progress. Shit happens. Best of luck amigo.

11 Likes

How much time did you have? I’m glad you’re back here with the rest of us.
Don’t let it eat you up all night…

1 Like

I couldn’t just put down the drink, not change anything else and magically stay sober.

I had to change my whole life. I had to stop hanging out with people in a drinking setting, some people altogether because all we did was drink. I had to avoid going to bars, and parties because you know what the happens there. I had to go to IOP, and AA and therapy to learn how to cope with life on life’s terms and to be around sober people/people who are making being sober a priority in their life.

Throw the kitchen sink at your sobriety, half measures avail us nothing, anything worth having is worth working for.

Today can be your last day 1 ever if you want it to be, if you’re willing to do things that make you uncomfortable.

Keep trying bud, we’re all works in progress, perfectly imperfect.

20 Likes

Two months 21 days sigh

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to go I really didn’t feel like it but decided I better be social for my own good. Well, that didn’t work out. I’ll get back on the wagon. Thanks man.

1 Like

Love this. I think I will try AA this time around. Thought I’d be totally fine on my own.

6 Likes

You shouldn’t have went. Sorry you were an ass. People say alcohol brings out the truth. That isn’t correct. It makes you say things that you aren’t properly processing. It makes you do things that normal sane people have restraints.

1 Like

AA helps me a lot. It can be weird at first, but give it a shot. I’m new to sobriety too, and I dipped in and out of AA a few times a week while I was gearing up to quit, now that I’m putting in the work, even if everything in the program doesn’t resonate completely, enough of it does to help tremendously. I come away stronger.

5 Likes

I’ve been there. Relapsing is so hard, especially after you feel like you’ve made so much progress. Don’t beat yourself up over it though, you made it very far and you can do so again.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club man, pick yourself up, let it go and keep moving forward…

4 Likes

I totally feel you man, I did the same thing I was still up when everyone went to bed and flipped there furniture upside down…

1 Like

I’m gonna go. It’s a nervousness thing. Idk. I just need to get there.

That’s an odd thing to do, at least you weren’t a jerk tho. I just hope my friends can forgive me and I didn’t behave too badly. Still no new information yet.

Yea I know after annoying everyone and everyone going to bed I just wanted to keep the party going so iv spent the first couple days regretting what I remember and dreading what i dont remember

1 Like

I’ve been there. I’ve post a photo of my counter before. I think in 2019 I relapsed 14 times! Not a good number. But now I am almost 60 days sober. I honestly couldn’t do it without here and AA. I read every morning before getting out of bed on here, AA daily reflection and a few other things. I check in here often. Maybe too much. :joy: I cant relapse again because everytime it gets worse. Blackouts beyond blackouts. I can do this. You can do this. One day at a time. Wake up. Resolve for the day. Spend any waking moment working on being sober.

1 Like

Just logged back on the wagon. Similar experience to my last. Sigh… It was nice to see your replies :relieved: Thank you everyone.

3 Likes

Welcome back :pray:t2::two_hearts: