Relapsed on Christmas

So on Christmas I ended up drinking. I was going to be 29 days sober. But I picked up the first drink, I got beer I didn’t even like on purpose, but then that wasn’t good enough so I got the beer I did like. I finally saw how evil and mean and how my mood can change in a second. Almost like a out of body experience. I hated everything I said and did. I put the drink down and said no I’m never doing this again. I hate who I am drunk. And I am now back on track with 9 days sober!

16 Likes

Now you see the truth of what we do to our selves. Remember this.

What are you doing to enhance your sobriety?

4 Likes

Welcome back. I get mean when I am drunk pretty often too. I do not not know why. It is awful. I am super nice when I am sober.
Hop back on track with us. It really will be ok.
Do something nice for yourself tommorrow.

2 Likes

Good that you are back on the sober track :orange_heart:
I can relate to the change of personality when intoxicated. For me it’s the socializing booster. I become open and chatty. I even feel comfortable in situations I normally don’t, as I live dry a pretty secluded life and am shy towards people I don’t know well.
The older I am the more scary I find this personality shift under the influence.

1 Like

It sucks that you relapsed, but you got yourself together pretty fast, that’s good. Bookmark this post to remind yourself of how that first drink felt. Because you will manipulate yourself to try to get that first drink again. Be prepared.
And also, don’t think you can moderate because you got your stuff together quickly. Been there, done that. I’ve never been able to moderate.
Don’t get yourself in a similar situation again.
And good job on getting back on the horse

2 Likes

Keep going mate it can be done, you will feel so much better for it.

2 Likes

Maybe a meeting and a good network might help when that temptation comes back , my experience we have no defence from the first drink so a good defence is important wish you well

3 Likes

Hi, sorry to hear it, but you are back sober and this time you will last longer.

This time I would need to understand what made me to pick up that first drink.
Most obvious think avoid this setting, where I had that first drink.

1 Like