Relapsed on friday

Yes sober weekends are amazing!

3 Likes

Thing is, if you really start stringing together some sober days, the self loathing, shame and anxiety lighten up because you start feeling PROUD of what you are doing instead of embarrassed. It is truly an amazing thing to have self esteem again and confidence. When we work toward positive goals and personal change, we can and do change our bodies minds and spirit.

For me, nothing can touch that feeling of pride in myself after years of self loathing and shame.

What a blessed relief being sober is.

6 Likes

Luckily nobody asked but I just went straight on home so I think I’ll be okay today. I feel like I have more physical cravings today but I know it’s all mental and breaking the Friday night habit after 7 days no booze

5 Likes

Hell yea girl!!! So proud of you for going home!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!! How are you doing today?? I’m really looking forward to having the day off tomorrow and doing some much needed work around the house

3 Likes

Doing better than I was this morning. Just dealing with women issues, you know how that goes lol. I bet you’re excited to be off tomorrow! Woohoo!

3 Likes

Closest I have been to double digits In a long time

9 Likes

I understand! Today starts my 15th day!

3 Likes

You got it and it’s going to feel really good!! App helps as you can get encouragement and relate to others. I haven’t started the steps yet but I have been to meetings every week and have a sponsor. Like someone said your sobriety is so much more important than a friend who doesn’t get it. I’ve lost friends but can I really say they were friends if they didn’t support me. Day 33 for me and it’s been a blessing to wake up without a lot of remorse. 1 day at a time you got it!! :ok_man:t5::ok_man:t5:

6 Likes

Over 2 weeks good going!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Had a day out for lunch and shopping and ordered an apple juice with my meal (friend had a beer wasn’t triggered) and still had a great time

6 Likes

¥ that’s great ! Keep at it day at a time.

I will too. Relapsed several days ago and now I am attending AA meetings, I am writing this in front of the building , I started writing it in front and now the meeting is done. Had lost what I wanted to say… :slight_smile:

Anyways keep at it

2 Likes

That’s a really good sign.
Just remember, you’re still early in your sobriety and some days will be harder than others, particularly when it comes to having physical cravings. There are days when I really feel like my body is trying to trick me into having a drink.

Not today, Satan. :wink:

6 Likes

I was going for food in a restaurant setting with my best friend who luckily knew I wasn’t drinking so didn’t even ask and she only had 1 beer. I wouldn’t have risked a bar where nothing but drinking was happening. Avoiding all places like that right now probs for the best. I’m by no means an expert at this far from it lol. Thanks for input :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The only things we’re experts in are the things we’re trying to quit :rofl:
I’m just stoked for you.
Seeing these daily check - in’s is rad.

1 Like

Hell yea girl!!! Isn’t it amazing! I went to my gfs house last night with my husband and everyone was drinking. We stayed 20m and left lol

1 Like

Way to go! :smiley: I feel like I have so much more time to myself this weekend because I’m not drunk or hungover it’s a good feeling

2 Likes

I relate to everything in this post! Thanks for sharing. Glad you are getting back on your feet this week. I’m on day 5 and feeling so much better too. My husband is sitting next to me having a drink, but I don’t have to join him. Just for today.

1 Like

Ikr!!! I LOVE not being hungover lol

1 Like

Congrats on day 5 :slight_smile: we can do this !!

1 Like