Relapsed once again

Been following this forum for few weeks now but keep on relapsing with alcohol, tried to quick for a month but it’s been the worst month of my life, lost my girlfriend (through drink) and just had my dog/best mate put to sleep, when will it ever end, never been so low

1 Like

First, welcome…this is a great first step. Second, I will keep you in my prayers for what you are going through.

Finally, did drinking make any of that better? Us alcoholics turn to the bottle to numb the pain. The ironic thing about that, numbing the pain actually makes everything worse.

Sobriety doesnt make life easier. Sobriety, lets you find peace in the storm. Something I simply never had for 25+ years of drinking.

Say “no” to that first drink, and will slowy reap the benifits of sobriety. You Are worth a sober life.

7 Likes

I know what it is like to put a animal down. I wish you the best at getting through this. Much love brother and stay strong. We are here for you.

1 Like

Hello Shaun,
Sorry to hear about your losses. That would be a hard time to go trough.
It helps me to come here every day and check in sober. When I have cravings even more. It really helps! I hope to see you around.
Today I do not drink, let’s do this together!! :facepunch:

1 Like

When it came down to brass tacks, I wanted to drink. Things could be good, new job, new girlfriend, new shoes. Things could be very bad, jails and hospitals bad. But I drank no matter what. Every. Single. Day.

I had a moment of grace and clarity and my motivation was flipped on its head. I stay sober no matter what, good, bad, or indifferent. I have a program of action and a practice of peaceful realignment.

Like @anon46927530 said, sobriety is not a guaranteed path to health, wealth and happiness. But at minimum, it allows me to stop pouring kerosene on the fires of drama, and at best, I can accept that what is happening right now, right this second, is real and actual and I am OK in the moment.

Blessings on your house :pray:.

5 Likes

Welcome buddy, sorry to hear about your dog. I know what it’s like to loose a valued friend.
As has been said drinking isn’t going to solve any of your problens. In time it’ll just get worse and worse as you spiral down.
Only you can make the decision to stop. And though it might sound hard, ultimately it comes down to just saying no to the first drink.
Then you can work on the reasons why you feel the need to drink.
We can all hide behind drinking, but it doesn’t work in the long run. Stand up, face the world and it’s challenges and turn your life around.
We are here to help.:grinning: